Here’s Your Suncoast Credit Union Routing Number
With so many banking transactions now performed without paper checks, it’s common to need your financial institution’s routing number, particularly to transfer money from one financial institution to another. Suncoast customers may need the Suncoast Credit Union routing number to set up an ACH transaction, such as direct deposit or automatic payment. A Suncoast customer may also be asked for the routing number to complete a domestic wire transfer.
Suncoast Credit Union Routing Number
Suncoast Credit Union’s routing number is 263182817. Some large financial institutions may have multiple routing numbers, but Suncoast only has one.
Suncoast customers can locate the institution’s routing number at the bottom of any page on Suncoast’s website. Checking account holders can also find it on the bottom of their checks — it is the first nine numbers in the lower left-hand corner. Following the routing number is the checking account number, which is also required when setting up direct deposits and other ACH transactions.
The Purpose of Bank Routing Numbers
The nine-digit routing number is an identifier for a specific financial institution used to process payments. The routing and account numbers ensure money moves into and out of the correct accounts at the right financial institutions, so using the correct routing number is essential when setting up direct deposits, wire transfers and other transactions.
Routing numbers are also called ABA numbers since these numbers are assigned by the American Bankers Association.
A routing number includes:
- The first four digits identify the district of the Federal Reserve Bank in which the financial institution is located.
- The second four digits identify the financial institution.
- That last digits are generated by an algorithm and used to verify check authenticity.
About Suncoast Credit Union
Serving more than 1,056,000 members in 39 Florida counties, Suncoast Credit Union is the largest credit union in Florida. It’s headquartered in Tampa and offers a full range of financial services and banking products.
In today’s electronic world, it is not unusual to need a routing number to facilitate a transaction such as a direct deposit or wire transfer. When a routing number is requested to set up any transaction, Suncoast members need to ensure the correct Suncoast Credit Union routing number is used to avoid delays in transaction processing.
FAQHere are some answers to questions commonly asked about Suncoast Credit Union.
- How do I find my Suncoast account number?
- Suncoast customers can locate their account number by accessing their account through SunNet Online Banking. Once logged in, customers can click on "Accounts" to view the account number.
- Is Suncoast only in Florida?
- Suncoast Credit Union serves 39 counties in Florida. It does not have branches outside of Florida.
- Are Suncoast and SunTrust the same?
- Suncoast and SunTrust are not the same financial institution. Suncoast is a Florida credit union. SunTrust is a bank now part of Truist, a financial services company formed by the merger of SunTrust bank and BB&T bank.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Suncoast Credit Union. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Suncoast Credit Union.
Information is accurate as of July 22, 2022.