On the heels of the launch of OpenAI’s ChatGPT, Google launched its own artificial intelligence, Google Bard. Google opened access to Bard in March 2023, allowing users to join a waitlist. By May, Google made Bard available to business owners and the general public in 180 countries and territories. Google Bard is free to use and offers a new way for people to make money with AI.
5 Ways To Make Money With Google Bard
Bard is an enticing AI tool since it is free to use but what exactly is Google Bard and what does it do? Like ChatGPT, Google Bard uses machine learning and natural language programming to complete tasks. This includes research, writing, brainstorming, coding and more. It can also translate languages, proofread writing, write Excel formulas or provide mathematical formulas. Google Bard has access to up-to-the-date information through Google’s search engine. Here are 5 ways to use Google Bard to make money.
- Start a blog
- Become a content writer
- Provide social media management services
- Debug code
- Develop an app, website or software
1. Start a Blog
AI chatbots like Google Bard make it easier to create content faster. That means if you start a blog, you can create a lot of content to improve your search engine rankings and provide value to your readers.
You can monetize your blog through display ads, Google AdSense, sponsored content, affiliate links or a combination of any of these strategies. Bloggers make an average of $51,971 per year, roughly $4,330 per month.
Once you launch your blog, you can also use Google Bard to help promote it. Bard can offer tips on how to build a mailing list, help you create a compelling newsletter and even create social media campaigns to drive traffic to your blog.
2. Become a Content Writer
If running your own blog doesn’t appeal to you, you can use Bard to write articles for other publishers.
Freelance writers earn an average of $24.22 an hour, although the top 9% in the field earn more than $100,000 a year.
You can use Google Bard to help with every element of content writing, from finding writing jobs, writing a cover letter, outlining articles and doing SEO research. Keep in mind, however, that many publications and websites prohibit the use of AI to write or even outline articles right now. Check the publication’s guidelines or ask your editor or client before you use AI to write.
However, other companies are seeking writers who specialize in engineering AI prompts. These prompts would be used to create informative, engaging articles that can then be edited by a human being. Using AI enables publications and websites to create content much faster than usual.
If you are already making money as a content writer, you may be able to produce more work, faster — and, as a result, write more articles — to earn more money. If not, it may be a good time to get into the field as an AI specialist.
3. Provide Social Media Management Services
Social media specialists that work for companies and organizations earn an average salary of $57,169 per year. But you can command an even higher rate if you start a social media marketing agency and serve multiple clients at the same time.
Bard can help you create content and optimize publishing schedules for LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more. Bard can also generate ideas for photos or write scripts for TikTok videos or Instagram reels.
4. Debug Code
Sometimes programmers and developers need some help. Maybe they have more work than they can handle, or maybe they are stuck on a particular problem with their code. You can use Bard to help you debug code faster than you would do it alone. It’s all a matter of learning the right prompts.
You can find job listings for debuggers on Fiverr or make your own Fiverr listing to advertise your services.
5. Develop an App, Website or Software
Many people have ideas for a game or app or have a vision for a website but not the time or technical know-how to create them. If you have basic coding skills and know how to engineer AI prompts — or are willing to learn how — you can find these people and bring their visions to life.
Many freelancers advertise their services on the freelance job site Fiverr. Services include creating apps, websites and even AI chatbots for businesses. For instance, one Fiverr worker was asking $120 to create an AI chatbot, content writing program or AI assistant using Bard. Depending on how quickly you can work to create apps using Bard, you can earn thousands a month or more. App developers, on average, earn roughly $1,500 per month.
You can also use Bard to create your own revenue-generating apps rather than developing code for other people.
Making money with AI is easy to do these days. Keep in mind that you still need to put in some time and edit the responses before submitting them to clients. But whatever your skill set, if you have a computer or smartphone, you can earn $3,000 or more a month with Google Bard.
FAQHere are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Google Bard.
- What is the Google AI called Bard?
- The Google AI called Bard is a direct competitor to OpenAI's ChatGPT. Both are generative AI chatbots based on Language Learning Models. Both can generate conversational answers and text-based responses to prompts and queries.
- Is Google's Bard available?
- Google Bard is currently available. To use Google Bard, you must have a Google account or a Google Workspace account with access to Bard. Google Classroom, Google Workspace for Education and Google Family Link accounts belonging to someone age 17 or younger cannot access Google Bard.
- Is Google Bard better than ChatGPT?
- ChatGPT is the more widely known -- and widely used -- AI chatbot. However, Google Bard is free with no limitations on its use. It can also access the web through the Google search engine.
- The free version of ChatGPT tends to be slow during peak times and uses an older version of the generative chat programming. It also does not have access to the web; it only knows the information provided to it which dates up to 2021.
- Users can upgrade to ChatGPT Plus to use a plugin that accesses the web. It also provides faster response times, even during peak hours.
- Most users find that ChatGPT is still the more effective AI chatbot, but this could change over time. You can use either AI chatbot in a myriad of ways to make money.
Our in-house research team and on-site financial experts work together to create content that’s accurate, impartial, and up to date. We fact-check every single statistic, quote and fact using trusted primary resources to make sure the information we provide is correct. You can learn more about GOBankingRates’ processes and standards in our editorial policy.
- Indeed. 2023. "How Much Do Bloggers Make in 2023? (Plus Tips To Earn More)"
- Digital Trends. 2023. "ChatGPT: How to use the AI chatbot that’s changing everything."
- Business of Apps. 2023. "App Developer Salary Guide (2023)."
- TechTarget. 2023. "Google Bard."
- Smart Blogger. 2023. "Freelance Writing Rates: Know Your Worth in 2023."
- Indeed. "Social media manager salary in United States."
- ZDNet. 2023. "How to use Google Bard now."