Whether you’re running critically low on eggnog, your Christmas dinner guest list has increased unexpectedly or you just forgot to buy dog food, sometimes you need a simple Christmas miracle: Grocery stores open on Christmas day.
Though most shops shutter on the big day, there’s no need to Grinch out — there are enough yuletide heroes out there to save the day. Keep this list — and check it twice — to find the closest stores open on Christmas.
Grocery Stores Open on Christmas Day 2017
Here’s a list of grocery stores open on Christmas Day 2017:
- 7-Eleven: Most stores open for 24 hours
- Albertsons: Open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Big Saver Foods: Open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Bristol Farms: Some locations have limited hours from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., but others are closed.
- CVS: 24-hour CVS locations remain open, other location hours might vary
- Family Dollar: Hours vary by location
- Morton Williams: Some stores might feature limited hours.
- Pavilions: Some stores open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Red Apple: Some locations open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rite Aid: 24-hour Rite Aid locations open
- Super King Markets: Closes at 7 p.m.
- Vons: Hours vary by location
- Walgreens: 24-hour Walgreens open Christmas Day
Truly Last Minute Shopping: Stores Open on Christmas Eve
Grocery Stores Closed on Christmas Day 2017
Here’s a list of grocery stores closed on Christmas Day 2017:
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Edwards Food Giant
- Fairway Market
- Food 4 Less
- Food Lion
- Fred Meyer
- Great Valu
- Harp’s Market
- Rouses Supermarket
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- The Fresh Market
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods
Disclaimer: Business hours provided by local grocers nationwide via research conducted by GOBankingRates on Dec. 12, 2017 and Dec. 13, 2017. Store hours might vary per franchise location; always call your local grocer ahead of time before setting out to the store.