35 Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving 2022
You are over it. It’s been nearly three years of cooking and planning meals in your own kitchen. Now that restaurants are an option again you are just supposed to stay home? All meals take time, skill and planning, but especially the Thanksgiving Day spread.
The dicing, peeling, and most importantly, the cleaning, can get shelved for the day if you decide to gather your friends, family and in-laws, and go out. Even if you love cooking and were planning on making Thanksgiving dinner, but then your gravy got scorched and your potatoes got pasty, you still need another alternative.
Fortunately for you, there are restaurants open on Thanksgiving to let you take a load off and truly relax while you carbo-load. Or, if you still want to have dinner at home, but need a place to go for breakfast or lunch so as to not have to make all three meals in your own kitchen, either way, it is good to know you have options for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving for Breakfast
Though many of these establishments are open for more than just breakfast, they do open early and have plenty of breakfast menu choices. When you wake up at 5 a.m. to start basting a turkey, you’ll probably want an early bite to eat — and definitely, some coffee — to tide you over until you can dive into some green bean casserole. Fear not, for these places are open early, even on Thanksgiving.
Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving for Lunch
Sometimes when you’ve done nothing but plan for dinner, you forget to factor in lunch. When you want something quick, easy and on a budget, it is good to know there are plenty of places you can go for a quick bite. Many of these restaurants would also have breakfast or dinner options on Thanksgiving but are a convenient lunch alternative.
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Burger King
- TGI Fridays
- White Castle
Restaurants Open On Thanksgiving for Dinner
Going to the grocery store and realizing just how much a turkey is going to cost this year may be enough of a reason to take your family out to a restaurant instead. All of the perks, none of the cleanup and hopefully some of the leftovers. Dinner is the central focus of the Thanksgiving celebration, but who is to say you have to do it at home? Always check with your neighborhood location as the holiday hours may vary, but these restaurants will all be open on Thanksgiving and have dinner options.
- Bob Evans
- Boston Market
- Chart House
- Cracker Barrel
- Del Frisco’s Grille
- Fleming’s Prime Steak House
- Golden Corral
- Legal Sea Foods
- Maggiano’s Little Italy
- McCormick & Schmick’s
- Morton’s Steak House
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- Seasons 52
Dining Out on Thanksgiving
Whether you do not want to have to worry about one or all of the breakfast, lunch or dinner meals, you have the choice to dine out on Thanksgiving. It could be just sheer preference or you may have accidentally misjudged how difficult it would be to deep fry a turkey, don’t sweat it. Having a list of possibilities of where you can eat besides your own home takes some stress out of what should be a relaxing holiday.
Thanksgiving Hours FAQ
- Are restaurants busy on Thanksgiving?
- Many restaurants close on Thanksgiving, so the ones that remain open could see a higher volume of customers that prefer to eat out on, or do not celebrate, the holiday. If you are concerned about getting a table, call ahead to the restaurant to see if they have space for you, what their holiday hours are and if they take reservations.
- Is Cracker Barrel serving Thanksgiving dinner?
- Yes, Cracker Barrel is serving Thanksgiving dinner. They have the option to pick up a Thanksgiving spread to take home so you can serve it at your house, or dine in at the restaurant for some home-style cooking.
- How much is Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel this year?
- Though you can do a la carte, if you decide on one of Cracker Barrel's Heat N' Serve dinners, where you pick it up cold and heat it at your home before serving, the price will range. For the Heat N' Serve Family Dinner, which serves 4 to 6 people, it will cost $129.99. For the larger Heat N' Serve Feast, which serves 8 to 10 people, it will cost $179.99. Both options include turkey breast, dressing, gravy, cranberry relish, sweet potato casserole, sides and rolls.
- Does Walmart serve Thanksgiving dinner?
- Walmart is closed on Thanksgiving 2022. You can purchase Thanksgiving food and decor before Thanksgiving but it will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
Information is accurate as of Nov. 24, 2022.