Lots of people refuse to shop on Christmas Day, but plenty of others know that a trip to the mall on Dec. 25 comes with small crowds, discounted merchandise and perhaps even a few quiet moments away from the family.
If you feel the urge to shop through the holidays, you’re in luck — read on to find out what’s open on Christmas Day this year.
What’s Open on Christmas Day 2017: CVS, Walgreens and More
For most people, the shopping blitz stops when the stores close on Christmas Eve. But the truly dedicated shoppers press on for one final retail push. The following retailers have decided to stay open on Christmas:
- 7-Eleven: Most locations open 24/7.
- Albertsons: Most locations will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Circle K: Open 24/7.
- Cumberland Farms: Most locations will be open 7 a.m. to midnight.
- CVS: Stores open 24 hours will remain open 24 hours; others vary by location. Many stores will have hours from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. nationwide.
- Family Dollar: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pilot Flying J: Most stores will have limited hours.
- QuickChek: Most stores will have limited hours.
- Rite Aid: Most Rite Aid locations are open 24/7.
- Sheetz: Open 24/7.
- Speedway: Most locations open 24/7.
- Walgreens: 24/7 locations will retain normal hours; non-24/7 stores will be open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Wawa: Most stores will have limited hours.
Stores Closed on Christmas Day 2017:
For many families, Christmas is the one day out of the year when everyone gathers to make some time for one another. These retailers decided to close on Christmas Day, allowing their employees a day off with their families for the holidays:
- Barnes & Noble
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- BJ’s Wholesale
- Dollar General
- Dollar Tree
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts
- Sam’s Club
- Whole Foods