Bank of America Customer Service: Robust Options for Exceptional Support
Bank of America is one of the “big four” U.S. banks, holding more consumer deposits than any other bank in the country. With around 4,300 physical locations, chances are good you can find one near you. If you’d rather contact Bank of America customer service by phone or online, however, the company’s wide variety of options make it easy.
How Do I Speak to a Bank of America Representative?
When you visit the Bank of America website, the “Contact Us” button is located in the top left corner of the page. The contact page provides a listing of reasons you may need assistance. These quick links allow you to seek fast help. Below are links to additional pages with appropriate customer service phone numbers and email addresses.
For general support for both new and existing customers, Bank of America offers a specialized phone number. Customers can get general information here as well as report a debit card lost or stolen.
Customer Service Numbers
- Toll-Free: 1-800-432-1000
- International Collect: 1-315-724-4022
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST
- Saturday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST
Auto Loan Customer Assistance
Bank of America’s page on auto loan assistance includes an FAQ that covers many common questions. If you don’t find the information you need there, there are two numbers you can use to speak directly to a customer service representative.
- Toll-Free Number: 1-844-892-6002
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to midnight EST, Saturday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST
- Toll-Free Number: 1-800-215-6195
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST, Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST
Credit Card Customer Service
Customers needing answers to questions about credit cards can reach a customer service representative 24/7 by calling 1-800-732-9194.
Additional Customer Service Numbers
Bank of America also has dedicated phone numbers for more specific customer needs.
- Online and mobile banking: 1-800-432-1000
- Opening a new account: 1-866-283-4075
- Mortgage services: 1-800-669-660
- Applying for a mortgage or support for an existing mortgage application: 1-800-270-5746
- Certificates and IRA accounts: 1-888-827-1812
- Finding a wealth advisor: 1-866-706-8321
Other Ways To Reach Out
To speak to a representative online, look for the chat icon in the upper right corner of the Bank of America website during regular business hours. You must be logged in to your online banking account to utilize this service.
Connect in Person
If you prefer to speak to a Bank of America Representative in person where you live, make an appointment online.
- Select “schedule an appointment” from the upper right corner of the homepage.
- Choose from four options: everyday banking, investments with Merrill, home loans or business advantage.
- Select a reason for your appointment from the available options.
- Locate a branch in your area.
- Select if you want to meet a specific banker.
- Choose a date and time from the calendar.
- Provide contact information.
- Confirm your appointment.
Connect on Social Media
Bank of America also provides customer support via Facebook and Twitter. Reach out anytime and a representative will contact you back during business hours.
This content is not provided by Bank of America. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Bank of America.