Newest Bank of America Promotions, Bonuses and Offers: July 2020
If you aren’t a current Bank of America customer, now is the time to snag some bonus cash by checking out the bank’s best promotions and offers for July. All you have to do is open a new Bank of America account and meet the requirements.
A GOBankingRates survey revealed that many Americans miss out on free money by not researching promotional offers. You don’t want to count yourself among those who pass up valuable opportunities. Instead, discover which Bank of America account is best for you and pocket some extra cash in the process.
Bank of America Promotions at a Glance
New customers can get Bank of America checking account bonus promos and more. Here are the highlights of July’s Bank of America offers:
|Best Bank of America Promotions: July 2020|
|Account||Cash Value of Bonus||Expiration Date|
|Advantage Banking||$100||December 31|
|Business Advantage Cash Rewards Credit Card||$300||N/A|
|Premium Rewards Credit Card||$500||N/A|
|Cash Rewards Credit Card||$200||N/A|
Current Bank of America Promotions
If you’re shopping for a new bank, it’s important to choose one that meets your needs and can help you reach your financial goals. Cash-back offers and bonus points are great incentives as long as you meet the criteria for the account and the promotion. Here’s a more in-depth look at the current Bank of America bonuses and what you have to do to earn them.
Best Checking Account Promotions
The Bank of America checking account bonus for select accounts was scheduled to expire at the end of June. If you didn’t get to take advantage of it, you’re in luck because the bank extended the deadline to the end of the year. Here’s more about the bonus
Advantage Banking: $100 Bonus Offer for New Checking Customers (Online Only)
Bank of America Advantage Banking offers one checking account with three different settings depending on your needs. The account comes with access to Zelle, a cash rewards program, and a debit card with $0 Liability Guarantee. Here’s a look at this online-only offer available only for new checking customers from Bank of America, Member FDIC:
- Cash value: $100
- Minimum deposit to qualify: Two qualifying direct deposits of $250 or more
- Expiration date: Dec. 31, 2020
- How to get it: To qualify, you must first enroll in the offer through the Bank of America promotional page by opening a new checking account, then set up and receive two qualifying direct deposits of $250 or more each within 90 days. Additional terms and conditions apply. See offer page for more details.
- When you’ll get it: Within 60 days of meeting all requirements
- Terms and conditions: This offer is only available to new Bank of America customers and those who have not had a Bank of America account within the last six months. Qualifying deposits include salary, pension and Social Security payments you receive regularly. See promotion page for full terms and conditions.
- Monthly fee:
- Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance® – $4.95 per statement cycle, though this can be waived with enrollment in Preferred Rewards.
- Bank of America Advantage Plus® – $12, but this fee is waived if you meet minimum direct deposit or minimum daily balance requirements or enroll in Preferred Rewards.
- Bank of America Advantage Relationship® – $25, which is waived if you meet the minimum balance requirements in linked accounts or enroll in Preferred Rewards.
- Promotion page: Advantage Banking bonus offer
Best Business Account Promotions
The only Bank of America business account bonus currently available is a statement credit for the Business Advantage Cash Rewards credit card. This offer is open to new and existing customers who open a new credit card account.
Business Advantage Cash Rewards Credit Card: Statement Credit ($300 Value)
With the Business Advantage Cash Rewards credit card, you earn 3% cash back in a spending category of your choice and up to 2% on other purchases. Best of all, you can change the top category each month through the mobile app. Here are the details:
- Cash value: $300
- Minimum spend to qualify: $3,000
- Expiration date: December 31
- How to get it: Open a new Business Advantage Cash Rewards credit card and use the card to make at least $3,000 in purchases within 90 days.
- When you’ll get it: The statement credit shows up on the account 10 to 12 weeks after you meet the requirements.
- Terms and conditions: Applicants are subject to credit approval. Only one statement credit is allowed per company.
- Annual fee: None
- Promotion page: Business Advantage Rewards credit card bonus offer
Best Credit Card Promotions
While there is no current Bank of America savings account bonus, there are credit card offers that can put some money in your wallet.
Premium Rewards Credit Card: Bonus Points ($500 Value)
Bank of America’s Premium Rewards credit card gives you up to two points for every dollar spent. You can also get travel statement credits and up to $100 every four years for TSA Precheck or Global Entry. The June bonus gives you 50,000 points once you meet the requirements. Here are the details:
- Cash value: $500
- Minimum spend to qualify: $3,000
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Open an account online using priority code NAABPK, then use the card to make at least $3,000 in purchases within 90 days.
- When you’ll get it: The 50,000-point bonus will be applied to your account within 8 to 12 weeks after you meet the spending requirement.
- Terms and conditions: The bonus offer is available only for new accounts.
- Annual fee: $95
- Promotion page: Premium Rewards credit card bonus offer
Cash Rewards Credit Card: $200 Bonus
With the Bank of America Cash Rewards credit card, you earn up to 3% cash back with no annual fee. The card also comes with a low introductory annual percentage rate for 15 billing cycles. Here’s what you need to know to earn the $200 bonus:
- Cash value: $200
- Minimum spend to qualify: $1,000
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Use priority code NAACH9 when opening the account. Then make at least $1,000 in purchases within 90 days.
- When you’ll get it: Within 8 to 12 weeks after you meet the purchase criteria
- Terms and conditions: Available for new credit card accounts only; balance transfers, fees and adjustments to the account don’t qualify as purchases for the bonus.
- Annual fee: None
- Promotion page: Cash Rewards credit card bonus offer
How To Open a Bank of America Account
There are three simple ways to open a Bank of America account:
- Apply online for a credit card or a checking, savings or business account.
- Call the Bank of America customer service number that best fits your needs; use the “Contact Us” link on the homepage for a list of options.
- Visit any Bank of America branch, but be aware that some bonus offers are only available if you open an account online.
Is Bank of America the Right Choice for You?
Bank of America offers a full lineup of banking products and services with branches across the country. It may be worth checking out if you like the convenience offered by a large, national bank and can avoid paying maintenance fees. Just makes sure the bank meets your needs — cash bonuses are great perks, but they shouldn’t be the only reason you choose a bank.
Information on promotions is accurate as of May 20, 2020. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
This content is not provided by Bank of America. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Bank of America.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.