Newest Regions Bank Promotions, Bonuses, Offers and Coupons: January 2021
Regions Bank, which boasts operations throughout the South and Midwest, might not have the name recognition of some of the country’s leading national banks, but its parent corporation is big enough to earn a spot on the S&P 500. Like many banks, Regions Bank offers promotions from time to time to lure new business. Banks want you to be a customer and are willing to pay — sometimes hundreds — when you open an account. A promotional cash bonus equals free money to build or boost your savings, which is important in this economic downturn.
GOBankingRates selected these Regions Bank bonuses because they’re easy to earn and can add up to a decent payout. Best of all, none of these offers require a Regions Bank coupon to redeem them. If you’re ready to earn some extra cash, take a closer look at what Regions Bank has to offer.
Regions LifeGreen Savings: Up To $100 Bonus
The Regions LifeGreen Savings account complements a Regions checking account. Open an account at a local branch or online. No monthly fees or minimum balance requirements apply, and the available annual savings bonus can provide a nice boost to your balance. Here’s how:
- Cash value: Up to $100
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $100
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Set up an automatic funds transfer of at least $10 per month from your Regions checking account to your LifeGreen Savings account for at least 10 out of 12 months to qualify for the 1% annual savings bonus.
- When you’ll get it: By the second business day of the month following the account anniversary month
- Terms and conditions: You must schedule recurring transfers of at least $10 monthly from your Regions checking account. The savings account must be open on the date the bonus is paid.
- Monthly fees: $0
- Promotions page: Regions LifeGreen Savings bonus offer
Regions Cash Rewards Visa Signature Credit Card: Up To $200 Bonus
With the Regions Cash Rewards Visa Signature credit card, you can earn 1.5% cash rewards on all purchases. The card also comes with an introductory 0% APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers. Plus, you can earn a bonus worth up to $200 just by using the card. Here are the details:
- Cash value: Up to $200
- Minimum spend to qualify: $500
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Use the Cash Rewards Visa Signature credit card to make $500 or more in qualifying purchases within 90 days of account opening to earn a $100 bonus. Spend $1,000 to earn a $200 bonus.
- When you’ll get it: Cash rewards are available in $25 increments, up to $500 per redemption, and are credited to your cash rewards account within 10 business days after you make a qualifying purchase.
- Terms and conditions: Balance transfers, cash advances and returned purchases do not count as qualifying purchases for the rewards bonus.
- Annual fee: $0
- Promotion page: Regions Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature bonus offer
Regions Premium Visa Signature Credit Card: 30,000 Bonus Points ($300 Cash Value)
Region Bank’s Premium Visa Signature credit card does more than earn rewards points. It also comes with features like Tap to Pay, Visa Signature Concierge Service and Visa Signature Perks. The card features a 0% introductory APR and offers the opportunity to earn 30,000 bonus points, redeemable for cash, travel or merchandise. Here’s how:
- Cash value: $300
- Minimum spend to qualify: $2,000
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Use the Premium Visa Signature credit card to make at least $2,000 in purchases within 90 days of account opening.
- When you’ll get it: At the end of the initial 90-day period
- Terms and conditions: Qualifying purchases do not include wire transfers, money orders, lottery tickets, fees or interest charges.
- Annual fee: $125
- Promotion page: Regions Bank Premium Visa Signature bonus points offer
Regions Refer-a-Friend: Up To $500 Visa Reward Card
The best part of this Regions Bank promotion is that you can take advantage of it numerous times. To get started, all you have to do is be a current Regions customer and refer friends to Regions Bank. Get $50 per qualified referral — up to a maximum of $500 per calendar year.
- Cash value: Up to $500 per year, $50 per qualified referral
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $300
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Register for the Refer-a-Friend program and share the email addresses of friends you want to refer via the Regions Bank referral link. The person you refer must accept the offer, open a qualifying checking account and meet the program requirements.
- How people you refer can get their bonus: Open a LifeGreen Checking account, complete at least 10 purchases with the Regions Visa CheckCard, receive at least one $300 or more ACH direct deposit and sign up for online statements. Or a referral can open a business checking account with at least $500, use the business CheckCard to make a purchase and sign up for online banking.
- When you’ll get it: Within 120 days after requirements are met
- Terms and conditions: Offer is open to new customers 18 and older. New accounts must be open and in good standing. The email used to open the account must match the referral email and must remain valid until fulfillment.
- Monthly fees: $8-$11, depending on whether you choose online or paper statements, but waived if you meet certain requirements.
- Promotion page: Regions Bank Refer-a-Friend bonus offer
How To Open a Regions Bank Account
You can open a Regions Bank account online or at a local branch. Here’s how:
1. Gather the necessary documents. You need the following information:
- Valid email address
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license, state-issued identification card, passport or military ID
2. Click “Open an Account” on the bank’s website.
3. Choose the account you want to open and click “Open Now.”
4. Follow the prompts to complete the application and open the account.
Are Regions Bank Promotions Right for You?
Whether you’re a current customer or thinking about opening a new account, it might be worth your time to check out Regions Bank promotions. With access to your account through online banking, it’s unnecessary to live in the bank’s service area. Plus, Regions Bank gives its customers a variety of competitive products and services to choose from, including deposit accounts, personal loans, home loans, credit cards and investment options. With all that Regions has to offer, it deserves to be a serious contender on the list of banks you’re considering.
Information on promotions is accurate as of Jan. 15, 2021. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
This content is not provided by Regions. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Regions.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.