Headquartered in Cleveland, KeyBank offers a host of community banking services in 15 states throughout the country. Like many banks, KeyBank regularly runs promotions to attract new customers. Banks are willing to pay you for your business, and you can potentially earn hundreds by taking advantage of their promotions.
It’s worth the time to check out the latest KeyBank bonuses. These promotions were chosen because they highlight some of the best KeyBank promotions available for new customers.
KeyBank Referral Bonuses
Referral bonuses are an easy way to make some extra cash. Plus, the bank also offers a business referral bonus. Read on for the details.
KeyBank Refer-a-Friend Program: Up To $500 Bonus
Getting a friend to sign up for a new KeyBank account is worth $100 for both of you, and you can repeat the experience up to five times per year. If you’re the persuasive type, you could be in line for up to $500 in 2022. Here’s how:
- Cash value: Up to $500
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $0 for the referral, but the new account holder must make a direct deposit of at least $500 within the first 60 days of opening the account for both of you to receive the $100 bonus
- Expiration date: Dec. 31, 2022
- How to get it: Enter the email associated with your account via the offer page to refer someone. Once they open their new checking account and make a minimum $500 direct deposit within the first 60 days, you’ll both get $100.
- When you’ll get it: Within 60 days of the referred person making the qualifying deposit, both you and the new account holder will receive $100.
- Terms and conditions: Both you and the referred person must be the primary account holder on the account. You must be a current KeyBank customer and the new client must not have held a KeyBank checking account in the past 12 months.
- Monthly fee: Nothing for the referral, but fees for the new account holder will vary depending on the type of checking account they open.
- Promotion page: KeyBank Refer-a-Friend Program bonus offer
Key Merchant Services Refer-a-Friend Offer: $100 Bonus
KeyBank’s current business customers can earn a bonus when they refer another business to Key Merchant Services. These services include payment processing, integrated payment solutions and industry insights. If you like the services you’re using, tell other business owners and get some free cash. Here’s how:
- Cash value: $100
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $0
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Complete the online form to refer a business to the bank. If the business you referred opens and starts using a merchant account within 90 days of the date the referral was received, you earn a bonus. Your business and the referred business must be open and actively processing at the time of the reward. No KeyBank coupons or deposit requirements are necessary.
- When you’ll get it: Within two statement cycles after meeting the criteria
- Terms and conditions: The referred business must apply and be approved for an account within 90 days after the referral. To receive the bonus, both the referring business and referred business must have active merchant accounts at reward time.
- Monthly fee: None
- Promotion page: Key Merchant Services Refer-a-Friend bonus offer
Are KeyBank Promotions Right for You?
There’s plenty to like about KeyBank. It offers a full suite of banking products for personal and business customers.
Getting a bonus is a great incentive, but it shouldn’t be the only deciding factor when you’re choosing a new bank. You need a bank that offers the products and services you need to reach your financial goals. To learn more about what KeyBank offers, check out a review of the bank.
Julia Gordon contributed to the reporting for this article.
Information on promotions is accurate as of Sept. 7, 2022. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.
Discover the Best Banks of 2024: Unveiling Our Top Picks!
We've compiled a list of the top banks for this year!
Here Are the Pros and Cons of Using Multiple Banks
Many banks are one-stop-shop financial institutions...