KeyBank offers a host of community banking services in 15 states, including Maine, New York, Colorado and Utah. For residents of the bank’s service area who are not already customers, now is the time to take advantage of its current promotions.
Although a GOBankingRates survey found that over 65% of respondents claimed they wouldn’t switch banks to take advantage of a promotion, you don’t have to follow their lead. Doing so basically means you’re walking away from free money. Instead, see what KeyBank has to offer to help you meet your financial goals. Then, decide for yourself if opening an account and scoring a nice cash bonus for your efforts is worth it.
- KeyBank Promotions at a Glance
- Current KeyBank Promotions
- How To Open a KeyBank Account
- Are KeyBank Promotions Right for You?
To give you an overview of the promotions KeyBank is currently offering, here are the highlights:
|Best KeyBank Promotions: March 2020|
|Account||Bonus Amount||Expiration Date||Minimum Deposit To Qualify|
|Key Express Checking|
Key Advantage Checking
Key Privilege Checking
Key Privilege Select Checking
|$200||April 24, 2020||$500|
|Key Advantage Checking|
Key Privilege Checking
Key Privilege Select Checking
|$250||April 3, 2020||$1,000|
Although the prospect of scoring a couple hundred dollars or more might grab your attention at first, it’s important to make sure you open a KeyBank account that will best meet your financial needs. Here’s what you need to know to make a decision.
KeyBank is offering a $200 bonus when you open a Key Express Checking, Key Advantage Checking, Key Privilege Checking or Key Privilege Select Checking account.
All accounts require a minimum opening deposit of $50, and all accounts except for Key Express Checking are interest-bearing. Additionally, all accounts feature online banking with bill pay.
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $500
- Expiration date: April 24, 2020
- How to get it: Use offer code ONAS 1119 when opening the checking account of your choice on KeyBank’s website. Make one single direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- When you’ll get it: You’ll receive the bonus within 60 days of meeting the requirements.
- Terms and conditions: A $25 early closure fee will be charged for closing the account within 180 days of opening. This offer is not valid for individuals who have had a KeyBank checking account or KeyBank Hassle-Free Account within the last 12 months. KeyBank checking accounts that are closed or overdrawn at the time of the bonus credit are not eligible to receive the reward.
- Monthly fees: Fees are $7 to $50, depending on the checking account type. But there are options to avoid fees.
- Promotion page: KeyBank $200 Bonus
Employees of companies that belong to the KeyBank Key@Work program can snag a $250 bonus by opening any of KeyBank’s checking account options except for Key Express Checking. A minimum opening deposit of $50 applies.
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $1,000
- Expiration date: April 3, 2020
- How to get it: First, enroll in the Key@Work program through your employer. Then, enter offer code ONKW0120 when applying for a Key Advantage Checking, Key Privilege Checking or Key Privilege Select Checking account online. Make at least $1,000 in cumulative direct deposits within 60 days of account opening.
- When you’ll get it: You’ll receive your $250 cash bonus within 120 days of meeting the qualifying requirements.
- Terms and conditions: This offer is not available to individuals who’ve held any KeyBank checking account or a KeyBank Hassle-Free Account within the last 12 months as a primary owner. A $25 early account closure fee will apply if you close your account within 180 days of account opening. Accounts that are overdrawn or closed at the time of the bonus payment are not eligible.
- Monthly fees: Fees are between $18 and $50, depending on the checking account type.
- Promotion page: KeyBank $250 Bonus
You can open a KeyBank account online, in person or by calling. Here’s how.
Go to the KeyBank website to open an account online. First, you’ll have to enter your ZIP code to determine whether KeyBank offers accounts in your area. Then you’ll need your Social Security number, driver’s license information and the minimum opening deposit available to apply. Applying for an account takes less than 10 minutes, according to KeyBank.
You can also contact a KeyBank representative via live chat. The chat representative can help you complete your online application to open an account.
You can also open a KeyBank account in person. Use the KeyBank branch locator to find the location nearest you so you can confirm the street address and branch hours before heading out.
To open a KeyBank account by phone, call the bank at 800-539-2968. Follow the prompts to reach a representative who can assist you in opening an account.
KeyBank offers a full suite of banking products and services, including deposit accounts, credit cards, personal loans and lines, mortgage loans and home equity loans and lines. The bank has branch locations in 15 U.S. states and also offers online and mobile banking.
When you’re looking for a full-service bank that has both a brick-and-mortar presence and online capabilities, KeyBank’s account offerings and promotions are worth checking out.
More From KeyBank
More Bank Promotions
- Best New Bank Promotions & Offers
- New Checking Account Bonuses
- Ally Bank Promotions
- Bank of America Promotions
- Capital One Promotions
- Chase Promotions
- CIT Bank Promotions
- Citibank Promotions
- Discover Bank Promotions
- Huntington Bank Promotions
- PNC Bank Promotions
- Regions Bank Promotions
- Synchrony Bank Promotions
- TD Bank Promotions
- U.S. Bank Promotions
- Wells Fargo Promotions
This content is not provided by KeyBank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by KeyBank.