Discover Bank is an online-only bank that offers a range of accounts and services, backed by the financial might of parent company Discover Financial Services, which is best known for its credit cards. Like most banks, Discover runs regular promotions to attract new customers, but a lot of people might not be aware of them.
A GOBankingRates survey revealed that many Americans are missing out on free money from banks. More than 75% of the respondents admitted they never researched banks and don’t know which ones have perks such as low fees and high-yield savings accounts.
- Current Discover Bank Promotions
- Past Discover Bank Promotions
- How To Open a Discover Bank Account
- Is It Time To Switch To Discover Bank?
Discover doesn’t have any special promotions on tap for June, but there are other ways to get a financial boost from the bank. Here are more details:
Discover Bank offers only one checking account — the Cashback Debit account — but it brings a lot to the table. The account pays you 1% cash back on all debit card purchases each month, up to $3,000.
If you spend $1,250 each month using the debit card, for example, you’ll get $12.50 cash back per month, which adds up to $150 over the course of a year. It’s like enjoying a Discover Bank checking account bonus each month.
The Cashback Debit account also comes with fee-free checking. There are no monthly maintenance fees or charges for checks, insufficient funds, stop payment orders or expedited delivery of check and debit card replacements. You also have access to more than 60,000 ATMs across the nation.
Discover Bank’s online savings account earns up to five times more than the national savings average. You can open an account with no initial deposit, and you won’t face any monthly fees when you do start putting money in.
Even if you missed out on previous Discover Bank bonuses, it’s useful to know the promotions it offered in the past because similar deals might pop up in the future. Here’s a look at a couple of recently expired Discover Bank offers:
This promotion let you earn a $200 bonus when you opened a Discover Online Savings account, though it required a substantial deposit to qualify. Along with the bonus, you enjoyed a hefty 1.40% annual percentage yield, compounded daily.
- Cash value: $200
- Expiration date: Expired
- How to get it: You had to open a Discover Online Savings account with Discover Bank coupon code HMB420 by May 11 and then deposit at least $25,000 by May 25.
This was similar to the $200 promotion, except a smaller deposit was needed to qualify. You still got the same perks, including a high APY.
By making the qualifying deposit, you could increase your savings balance by $150. Here are the details:
- Cash value: $150
- Expiration Date: Expired
- How To Get It: You had to open a Discover Online Savings account with offer code HMB420 by May 11 and then deposit at least $15,000 by May 25.
Because Discover is an online bank, you can’t visit a physical branch to open an account. Instead, you have two options for opening an account: online or by phone. Here are the details:
You can open any Discover account online via the bank’s website. Choose the account you’d like to open, link to its enrollment page and follow the prompts.
- To open a Discover Cashback Debit Checking account, visit Discover’s checking enrollment page.
- To open a Discover Online Savings account, visit Discover’s savings enrollment page.
- To open a Discover CD, visit Discover’s CD enrollment page.
- To open a Discover Money Market account, visit Discover’s money market enrollment page.
You can also open a Discover CD, Online Savings account or Money Market account by calling Discover Bank’s U.S.-based banking specialists at 800-347-7000. Specialists are available 24/7 throughout the year.
If online banking appeals to you, Discover offers a full suite of bank accounts as well as rewards credit cards, personal loans, student loans and home equity loans. Additional perks such as no-fee accounts, no-annual-fee credit cards and competitive interest rates make Discover Bank worth considering in today’s financial landscape.
Iyou probably should skip Discover Bank if you prefer doing business with a brick-and-mortar bank, however. If you need different products or services, consider other banks that are offering promotions this month.
More on Discover Bank
- Discover Bank Review: Is It the Right Bank for You?
- Newest Discover Bank Promotions: Best Offers, Coupons and Bonuses
- Discover Bank CD Rates
- How To Find and Use Your Discover Bank Login
More Bank Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions
- Best Checking Account Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions in California
- Best Bank Promotions in Florida
- Best Bank Promotions in Ohio
- Alliant Credit Union Promotions
- Ally Bank Promotions
- America First Credit Union Promotions
- Associated Bank Promotions
- Axos Bank Promotions
- Bank of America Promotions
- Bank of the West Promotions
- Barclays Promotions
- BB&T Promotions
- BBVA Promotions
- BECU Promotions
- BMO Harris Promotions
- BOK Financial Promotions
- Capital One Promotions
- Chase Promotions
- Chime Bank Promotions
- CIBC Promotions
- CIT Bank Promotions
- Citibank Promotions
- Citizens Bank Promotions
- Comerica Bank Promotions
- Commerce Bank Promotions
- East West Bank Promotions
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions
- First Citizens Bank Promotions
- First Horizon Bank Promotions
- First National Bank Promotions
- First Republic Bank Promotions
- FirstBank Promotions
- FNBO Direct Promotions
- Frost Bank Promotions
- HSBC Promotions
- Huntington Bank Promotions
- Iberiabank Promotions
- Keybank Promotions
- M&T Bank Promotions
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs Promotions
- Navy Federal Promotions
- Penfed Promotions
- People’s United Bank Promotions
- Pinnacle Bank Promotions
- PNC Bank Promotions
- Popular Direct Promotions
- RBC Promotions
- Regions Bank Promotions
- Salem Five Direct Promotions
- Santander Promotions
- Signature Bank Promotions
- Simple Promotions
- Suntrust Promotions
- Synchrony Promotions
- Synovus Promotions
- TCF Bank Promotions
- TD Bank Promotions
- Texas Capital Bank Promotions
- TIAA Bank Promotions
- Umpqua Promotions
- Union Bank Promotions
- US Bank Promotions
- USAA Promotions
- Valley National Bank Promotions
- Webster Bank Promotions
- Wells Fargo Promotions
- Zions Bank Promotions
Information on promotions was sourced from banks’ websites on June 3, 2020. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
This content is not provided by Discover Bank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Discover Bank.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.