Ohio is home to 260 different credit unions and 177 banks, so there are plenty of banking choices if you’re looking to open a new account — and plenty of chances to earn bonuses for opening one. A GOBankingRates survey found that most respondents aren’t likely to consider switching banks just for a sign-up offer, meaning they could be missing out on free cash.
GOBankingRates researched current bank offers for Ohio customers. Keep reading to learn more about the best Ohio bank promotions for June 2020:
- Ohio Bank Promotions, Bonuses and Offers at a Glance
- Current Ohio Bank Promotions
- Best Checking Account Promotions in Ohio
- Best Savings Account Promotions in Ohio
- Best Business Account Promotions in Ohio
- Best Credit Card Rewards Promotions
- How To Get the Ohio Bank Bonuses
If you have difficulty deciding on a new bank, try comparing the best sign-up bonus offers. Determine the offers you find the most compelling and then evaluate the banks’ other features and services. Here’s a quick rundown of top promotional offers in Ohio for June 2020:
|Best Ohio Bank Promotions, Bonuses and Offers: June 2020|
|Account||Cash Value of Bonus||Expiration Date|
|Citi Priority Account Package||Up to $700||June 30|
|Dollar Bank Checking||Up to $400||Dec. 31|
|Huntington Bank Huntington 5 Checking||$200||July 7|
|Citizens Bank College Saver Savings||$1,000||None|
|Chase Total Checking + Chase Savings||$600||July 2|
|Huntington Bank Business Account||Up to $750||July 7|
|Bank of America Business Checking||Up to $750||June 12|
|PNC Premier Traveler Visa Travel Rewards Credit Card||$300||None|
|US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Credit Card||$750||None|
Compare: Best Regional Banks of 2020
Current bank promotions in Ohio feature a variety of different personal accounts, business accounts and credit cards. You’ll need to follow specific rules and requirements to earn the cash, but the requirements aren’t too difficult in most cases.
Here are the details on the best checking account promotions available in Ohio for June:
Citi has three different bonus tiers when you open a checking and savings account. You can earn $200 with a $5,000 minimum deposit, $400 with a $15,000 minimum deposit and $700 with a $50,000 minimum deposit. Here are the details:
- Cash value: Up to $700
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $5,000 to $50,000
- Expiration date: June 30
- How to get it: Open a checking and savings account and make the minimum deposit within the next 30 days.
- When you’ll get it: Within 90 days after completing the requirements
- Terms and conditions: You must maintain the minimum balance for at least 60 days.
- Monthly fees: $12 to $30, but waived for maintaining the minimum balances
- Promotion page: Citi Priority Account Package Promotion
With this Dollar Bank promotion, you’ll receive $100 for $1,000 in payroll direct deposits within the specified time frame. You’ll get an extra $200 for $5,000 in payroll direct deposits and $100 on the one-year anniversary of your account. Here are the details:
- Cash value: Up to $400
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $50
- Expiration date: Dec. 31
- How to get it: Print out and complete the flyer and open an Everything Checking account with at least $50. Next, receive at least $4,000 in payroll direct deposits within 90 days of account opening.
- When you’ll get it: Within 40 days of meeting the requirements and 30 days after the anniversary
- Terms and conditions: The $100 bonus for $1,000 in direct deposits comes as a debit card rebate. The other bonuses will be deposited into your checking account.
- Monthly fees: $0 to $5, which can be waived by meeting the average checking account balance requirements
- Promotion page: Dollar Bank Checking Account Promotion
Huntington Bank has branches and ATMs throughout Ohio, but you don’t have to live near a branch to earn the $200 bonus because you can sign up online. Here’s more:
- Cash value: $200
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $1,000 within 60 days
- Expiration date: July 7
- How to get it: Open a checking account, deposit at least $1,000 within 60 days and then keep the account open for at least 90 days
- When you’ll get it: Within 14 days after meeting the conditions
- Terms and conditions: This offer is for residents of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia only.
- Monthly fees: $5, but waived if you maintain at least $5,000 in combined accounts
- Promotion page: Huntington Bank Huntington 5 Checking Account Promotion
You can earn some serious cash from the June savings account promotions in Ohio. Here are the details:
If you’re saving up for a child’s college education, consider visiting a Citizens Bank branch to open a College Saver Savings Account. If you fund it regularly, you’ll receive a $1,000 bonus. Here’s how:
- Cash value: $1,000
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $25
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Open an account and deposit at least $25 per month for kids under 6 years old, or $50 per month for kids 6 and over.
- When you’ll get it: Within 45 days after the child turns 18
- Terms and conditions: You must open the account before the child turns 12.
- Monthly fees: None
- Promotion page: Citizens Bank College Saver Savings Account Promotion
The latest Chase Bank promotion will put $600 in your pocket for opening a checking and savings account. You can also open a savings account and skip the checking requirement to earn a $200 bonus. Here are the details:
- Cash value: $600 (or $200 for a savings account only)
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $15,000
- Expiration date: July 2
- How to get it: Open a Chase Total Checking and Savings account and receive recurring direct deposits of $500 or more to your checking account within the first 90 days. You must also deposit $15,000 or more in your savings account within the first 20 days.
- When you’ll get it: Within 10 days of meeting the requirements
- Terms and conditions: For new account holders only; to receive the $600 bonus, both accounts must be opened at the same time.
- Monthly fees: The fee is $12 for the checking account and $5 for the savings account, but both can be waived. To waive the checking account fee, you must do one of the following: receive at least $500 in direct deposits, maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, or maintain a combined account balance of $5,000 per month. To waive the savings account fee, you must maintain at least $300 in the savings account or receive at least $25 in specified deposits.
- Promotion page: Chase Total Checking + Chase Savings Promotion
If you own a business, bank account promotions could put a little cash back into it. Here’s what’s available for Ohio businesses this month:
In the latest Chase Bank promotion, customers who open a business account will receive a $300 cash welcome gift by meeting the requirements. Here’s how:
- Cash value: $300
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $1,000
- Expiration date: July 16
- How to get it: Sign up to receive a promo code by email and then open a Chase Total business checking account. Next, deposit $1,000 within 20 days and make at least five deposits, debit card purchases or wires within the first 60 days.
- When you’ll get it: You’ll start earning interest as soon as you open the account and fund it, and you’ll receive the interest payment each month when your statement period closes.
- Terms and conditions: Must maintain a minimum balance of $1,000 the first 60 days
- Monthly fees: $15, but waived if you maintain at least a $1,500 balance
- Promotion page: Chase for Business Account Promotion
Depending on your company’s cash flow, you can receive $200 to $750 as a new account bonus with this Huntington Bank promotion. You’ll need to deposit at least $20,000 for the $750, but you can qualify for bonus amounts of $200 or $400 with smaller deposits. Here’s more:
- Cash value: Up to $750
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $20,000
- Expiration date: July 7
- How to get it: Request a coupon, open a business account and then make the minimum deposit required within 60 days. You’ll need to keep the account open for 90 days.
- When you’ll get it: Within 14 days after the conditions have been met
- Terms and conditions: For new business accounts
- Monthly fees: $0 to $40, which can be waived by maintaining minimum account balances
- Promotion page: Huntington Bank Business Account Promotion
This Bank of America business account offer is only available until June 12, so act fast. The cash bonus depends on how much you deposit in the first 15 days and can vary between $200 and $750. Here are all the details:
- Cash value: Varies by deposit, according to the following tiers:
- $5,000‐$19,999 in deposits: $200
- $20,000‐$49,999 in deposits: $500
- $50,000 or more: $750
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $5,000
- Expiration date: June 12
- How to get it: Open a checking account, maintain the qualifying deposit amount for 60 days and make at least five electronic payments.
- When you’ll get it: Within 60 days after the 60-day qualifying period
- Terms and conditions: For new business accounts that transfer funds from accounts other than Bank of America or Merrill.
- Monthly fees: The account management fee of $15 can be waived if you have a Business Advantage Checking account.
- Promotion page: Bank of America Business Checking Account Promotion
Ohio residents looking for a new credit card can take advantage of these card promotions in June. Here’s what you need to know:
With the premium PNC Premier Traveler Visa card, you can earn and redeem points for travel or cash. Plus, you’ll receive 30,000 bonus points worth $300 if you meet certain conditions:
- Cash value: $300, based on 30,000 points
- Minimum spend: $3,000
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Apply and get approved for the card, then make $3,000 or more in purchases in the first three billing cycles after approval.
- When you’ll get it: Within 60 days after meeting the purchase requirement
- Terms and conditions: Subject to credit approval
- Annual fee: $85, waived the first year
- Promotion page: PNC Premier Traveler Visa Travel Rewards Credit Card Promotion
If there’s a trip you’d like to take in the future, getting approved for the Altitude Reserve Visa will get you one step closer to traveling. US Bank is currently awarding new customers with 50,000 bonus points worth $750 that you can apply to your travel. Here’s more:
- Cash value: $750, based on 50,000 points
- Minimum spend: $4,500
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Apply and get approved for the card, then make $4,500 in purchases in the first 90 days after approval
- When you’ll get it: One to two billing cycles after meeting the spending requirement
- Terms and conditions: Subject to credit approval
- Annual fee: $400
- Promotion page: US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Credit Card
To cash in on the Ohio bank promotions listed above, make sure you review the requirements carefully. In many cases you’ll need to visit a local branch with a promo code or coupon, although some of the promotions must be applied for online. In some cases you’ll need to have a lot of money on hand to deposit, or have good enough credit to qualify for a credit card. But as long as you can meet the requirements, you should have no problem earning the cash.
- Best Bank Promotions
- Best Checking Account Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions in California
- Best Bank Promotions in Florida
- Best Bank Promotions in Ohio
- Alliant Credit Union Promotions
- Ally Bank Promotions
- America First Credit Union Promotions
- Associated Bank Promotions
- Axos Bank Promotions
- Bank of America Promotions
- Bank of the West Promotions
- Barclays Promotions
- BB&T Promotions
- BBVA Promotions
- BECU Promotions
- BMO Harris Promotions
- BOK Financial Promotions
- Capital One Promotions
- Chase Promotions
- Chime Bank Promotions
- CIBC Promotions
- CIT Bank Promotions
- Citibank Promotions
- Citizens Bank Promotions
- Comerica Bank Promotions
- Commerce Bank Promotions
- Discover Bank Promotions
- East West Bank Promotions
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions
- First Citizens Bank Promotions
- First Horizon Bank Promotions
- First National Bank Promotions
- First Republic Bank Promotions
- FirstBank Promotions
- FNBO Direct Promotions
- Frost Bank Promotions
- HSBC Promotions
- Huntington Bank Promotions
- Iberiabank Promotions
- Keybank Promotions
- M&T Bank Promotions
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs Promotions
- Navy Federal Promotions
- Penfed Promotions
- People’s United Bank Promotions
- Pinnacle Bank Promotions
- PNC Bank Promotions
- Popular Direct Promotions
- RBC Promotions
- Regions Bank Promotions
- Salem Five Direct Promotions
- Santander Promotions
- Signature Bank Promotions
- Simple Promotions
- Suntrust Promotions
- Synchrony Promotions
- Synovus Promotions
- TCF Bank Promotions
- TD Bank Promotions
- Texas Capital Bank Promotions
- TIAA Bank Promotions
- Umpqua Promotions
- Union Bank Promotions
- US Bank Promotions
- USAA Promotions
- Valley National Bank Promotions
- Webster Bank Promotions
- Wells Fargo Promotions
- Zions Bank Promotions
Information on promotions was sourced from banks’ websites on May 18, 2020. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
This content is not provided by any of the banks mentioned. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the banks mentioned.
GOBankingRates is a personal finance and consumer interest rate website owned by ConsumerTrack Inc., an online marketing company serving top-tier banks, credit unions and other financial services organizations. Some companies mentioned in this article might be clients of ConsumerTrack Inc., which serves more than 100 national, local and online financial institutions. Rankings and roundups are completely objective, and no institution, client or otherwise, paid for inclusion or specific placement. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the companies included in the article. All fees and rates are subject to change at the issuers’ discretion. Some interest rates might be short-term or promotional offers only, and it is possible additional terms and conditions must be met to obtain the interest rates listed. Rates and availability might vary by region. Verify terms and conditions before opening an account.
GOBankingRates bases its assessment of “best” and “top” products on the above-stated parameters to create a baseline for comparison. This assessment is an approximation of “best” and “top” designed to help consumers find products that might be appropriate for them. There could be other options available as well. Consumers should consider various options appropriate for their circumstances.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the bank advertiser, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. This site may be compensated through the bank advertiser Affiliate Program.