Newest BBVA Promotions, Bonuses, Offers and Coupons: July 2021
Sunbelt-based BBVA is one of the largest commercial banks in the United States and a leading Small Business Administration loan lender. The bank, which offers online and mobile banking options nationwide, also operates physical branches in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas.
In June 2021, PNC Financial Group completed its acquisition of BBVA. Current BBVA customers will be transitioned to PNC by October 2021, so its promotional opportunities are winding down.
Current BBVA Promotions
Currently, BBVA’s promotions are on hold for the most part as it transitions to PNC, but they still offer a number of attractive account features. Here’s what you need to know.
BBVA Express Personal Loans: No Fees and No Collateral
BBVA’s personal loan product lets you access cash fast– potentially the same day you apply. Unlike a credit card, the Express Personal Loan offers a fixed APR, although only the most creditworthy borrowers will qualify for the lowest rate. Borrow up to $35,000 with an online application if you’re responding to an offer, or up to $100,000 in-branch or over the phone.
- Cash value: N/A
- Minimum deposit to qualify: N/A
- Expiration date: N/A
- How to get it: Apply in-branch or over the phone, or by responding to a mail or email offer
- When you’ll get it: Existing BBVA customers may potentially receive the funds the same day they apply.
- Terms and conditions: Loans are subject to eligibility, underwriting and approval, including credit approval
- Monthly fee: None if you pay your monthly balance on time, otherwise a late fee may be applied
- Promotion page: BBVA Express Personal Loans
BBVA Online Checking: No Monthly Fee and No ATM Fees Nationwide
BBVA’s Online Checking account features a low opening deposit of just $25 and no ATM fees nationwide at over 64,000 ATMs via the AllPoint network and 7-Eleven and BBVA USA ATMs. It also comes with free online and mobile banking and a complimentary debit card that’s automatically enrolled in the bank’s Simple Cash Back program, which lets you earn cash back on qualifying purchases once you sign up for online and/or mobile banking.
- Cash value: N/A
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $25
- Expiration date: N/A
- How to get it: Apply online through the offer page. You’ll need a valid government issued ID like a driver’s license or passport, your Social Security number and access to $25 to fund your new checking account.
- When you’ll get it: N/A
- Terms and conditions: Subject to approval.
- Monthly fee: No monthly service charge and the $3 paper statement fee can be avoided by opting out of paper statements
- Promotion page: BBVA Online Checking
How To Open a BBVA Account
You can open a BBVA checking account online, by phone or at a local branch. Here’s what you need to do:
- Gather the necessary documentation, including your contact information, Social Security number, and government-issued ID.
- Choose the account you want to open. Check for availability in your state, as this can vary.
- Complete the application to open the account.
- Fund the account with at least the minimum opening deposit of $25.
Is BBVA the Right Bank for You?
BBVA bonuses shouldn’t be the only factor you consider when choosing a bank. Instead, you should select a bank that offers the products and services that can best help you reach your financial goals. Overall, BBVA might be worth switching to if you live in the bank’s service area and can use the products being promoted.
Information on promotions is accurate as of June 24, 2021. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
This content is not provided by BBVA. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by BBVA.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.