U.S. Bank dates back to 1863 and currently ranks as the fifth-largest bank in the country. Like most banks, U.S. Bank runs regular promotions to lure new customers with cash bonuses and other perks. Promotions for June include carryovers from last month in addition to a new U.S. Bank checking account bonus.
These kinds of bonuses can be quite valuable to bank customers, but few seem to take advantage. A GOBankingRates survey revealed that many Americans don’t shop around when looking to open a new account and wind up missing out on free money.
Keep reading for a closer look at the best U.S. Bank promotions to learn how you can earn bonus money and points:
- Current U.S. Bank Promotions
- Opening a U.S. Bank Account
- Which of the U.S. Bank Promotions Is Best for You?
The U.S. Bank promotions for June include one checking account offer and three credit card offers. Here’s a quick rundown:
|Best US Bank Promotions: June 2020|
|Account||Cash Value||Expiration Date|
|U.S. Bank Consumer Checking||$300||June 30|
|Cash+ Visa Signature Credit Card||$150||None|
|Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Credit Card||$750||None|
|FlexPerks Gold American Express Credit Card||$450||None|
U.S. Bank’s ongoing credit card promotions let you earn cash or points as long as you get approved for the cards and meet the spending requirements. The only new bonus this month offers a $300 cash bonus when you open a new consumer checking account. Read on to learn how you can take advantage of the U.S. Bank promotions in June:
U.S. Bank offers three different tiers in its consumer checking account. Each has different benefits and monthly maintenance fees, but all offer online and mobile banking and a U.S. Bank Visa debit card. The current promotion for this account offers a $300 bonus if you meet the requirements. Here’s more:
- Cash value: $300
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $25
- Expiration date: June 30, 2020
- How to get the $300 bonus: Open an account and receive two direct deposits of $2,000 or more within the first 60 days. Use U.S. Bank coupon code QF73E92 when you apply.
- When you’ll get it: Within 60 days after meeting the requirements
- Terms and conditions: This bonus is only valid for the addressee and is not transferable. It’s not available to existing U.S. Bank checking account customers.
- Monthly fees: $6.95 for Easy Checking, $12.95 for Gold Checking and $19.95 for Platinum Checking; however, these can be waived by completing qualifying activities as listed in the agreement
- Promotion page: U.S. Bank Consumer Checking bonus
With U.S. Bank’s Cash+ Visa Signature credit card you can earn up to 5% cash back in two spending categories of your choice. You also get to choose one everyday category like gas stations or grocery stores to earn 2% cash back on those purchases. There’s no annual fee with the card and you can change your categories as often as you like. Best of all, you can qualify for a $150 bonus if you use the card to spend at least $500 in the first three months after you get it. Here’s more:
- Cash value: $150
- Minimum spend to qualify: $500
- Expiration date: None
- How to get the $150 bonus: Apply and get approved for the card, then use it to make at least $500 in purchases within 90 days of opening the account. No U.S. Bank coupon code is necessary.
- When you’ll get it: Six to eight weeks after meeting the terms and conditions
- Terms and conditions: Cash advances, balance transfers and convenience checks do not count toward the purchase requirement. This offer is restricted to new credit cardholders only.
- Annual fee: None
- Promotion page: U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Credit Card cash bonus
The Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite credit card is a premium travel card that lets cardholders earn up to five times the cash back in select spending categories. It comes with additional features like complimentary in-flight Wi-Fi, airport lounge access and reimbursement for TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry. This offer also grants a 50,000-point bonus, worth $750, to new cardholders who meet certain criteria. Here are the details:
- Cash value: $750
- Minimum spend to qualify: $4,500
- Expiration date: None
- How to get the 50,000-Point Bonus: Apply and get approved for a new Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite credit card and then spend at least $4,500 with it within the first 90 days.
- When you’ll get it: The bonus points are credited to your account within one to two billing cycles.
- Terms and conditions: This offer is available only to new cardholders who don’t have and have not had an Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite credit card account. The $4,500 spending requirement must be in net purchases, which is the amount of the purchase minus credits and returns.
- Annual fee: $400
- Promotion page: U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite credit card bonus
The FlexPerks Gold American Express credit card from U.S. Bank is designed for travelers. As a cardholder, you earn extra FlexPoints when you use your card to pay in advance for hotels and car rentals and spend money at restaurants, gas stations and airlines. The card comes with additional benefits like complimentary Boingo Wi-Fi, a statement credit to cover the cost of TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry, and no foreign transaction fees. New cardholders can earn 30,000 extra points, worth $450. Here’s how:
- Cash value: $450
- Minimum spend to qualify: $2,000
- Expiration date: None
- How to get the 30,000-point bonus: Apply and get approved for the card and then spend $2,000 with it within four months after opening the account.
- When you’ll get it: The bonus points will be credited to the account six to eight weeks after meeting the criteria.
- Terms and conditions: This U.S. Bank offer is not available to existing and previous FlexPerks cardholders. You can’t use bonus points for account upgrades or combine this offer with other offers.
- Annual fee: $85
- Promotion page: U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express credit card points bonus
U.S. Bank wants to make the process of opening an account as easy as possible, so you can apply for a credit card and open a new account on the bank’s website. You also have the option of calling to speak to a representative who can help with the application. Be sure to have personal information handy, such as your name, address, Social Security number and valid ID.
Your financial needs will ultimately determine which direction to go in terms of U.S. Bank’s June promotions. The checking account bonus doesn’t require a large opening deposit, but you will need to set up direct deposit to earn it. You’ll also need good credit to qualify for the credit card bonuses.
If you like to travel, both the Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite and the FlexPerks Gold American Express cards let you earn bonus points in select categories so you can reach reward levels faster. You can avoid an annual fee by opting for the Cash+ Visa Signature credit card and taking advantage of the introductory 0% annual percentage rate for balance transfers. Just wait until you meet the spending criteria to earn the cash bonus before you complete a balance transfer.
More on US Bank
- US Bank Review: In-Branch to Google Home Banking Options
- Newest US Bank Promotions: Best Offers, Coupons and Bonuses
- US Bank Routing Number: Locate Your Number
- How To Open a US Bank Account
- How to Avoid US Bank Overdraft Fees
- US Bank CD Rates as of April 2020
- US Bank Interest Rates: How to Get the Bank’s Best Rates
- What Is the US Bank Cashier’s Check Fee?
- What Are US Bank’s Hours?
- How To Find and Use Your US Bank Login
- US Bank Checking Account Review: Convenient Features and Extra Perks
More Bank Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions
- Best Checking Account Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions in California
- Best Bank Promotions in Florida
- Best Bank Promotions in Ohio
- Alliant Credit Union Promotions
- Ally Bank Promotions
- America First Credit Union Promotions
- Associated Bank Promotions
- Axos Bank Promotions
- Bank of America Promotions
- Bank of the West Promotions
- Barclays Promotions
- BB&T Promotions
- BBVA Promotions
- BECU Promotions
- BMO Harris Promotions
- BOK Financial Promotions
- Capital One Promotions
- Chase Promotions
- Chime Bank Promotions
- CIBC Promotions
- CIT Bank Promotions
- Citibank Promotions
- Citizens Bank Promotions
- Comerica Bank Promotions
- Commerce Bank Promotions
- Discover Bank Promotions
- East West Bank Promotions
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions
- First Citizens Bank Promotions
- First Horizon Bank Promotions
- First National Bank Promotions
- First Republic Bank Promotions
- FirstBank Promotions
- FNBO Direct Promotions
- Frost Bank Promotions
- HSBC Promotions
- Huntington Bank Promotions
- Iberiabank Promotions
- Keybank Promotions
- M&T Bank Promotions
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs Promotions
- Navy Federal Promotions
- Penfed Promotions
- People’s United Bank Promotions
- Pinnacle Bank Promotions
- PNC Bank Promotions
- Popular Direct Promotions
- RBC Promotions
- Regions Bank Promotions
- Salem Five Direct Promotions
- Santander Promotions
- Signature Bank Promotions
- Simple Promotions
- Suntrust Promotions
- Synchrony Promotions
- Synovus Promotions
- TCF Bank Promotions
- TD Bank Promotions
- Texas Capital Bank Promotions
- TIAA Bank Promotions
- Umpqua Promotions
- Union Bank Promotions
- US Bank Promotions
- USAA Promotions
- Valley National Bank Promotions
- Webster Bank Promotions
- Wells Fargo Promotions
- Zions Bank Promotions
This content is not provided by U.S. Bank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by U.S. Bank.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.