Wells Fargo has been around for more than 160 years as a provider of banking and investment services. Thanks to heated competition for banking customers, now is a good time to explore Wells Fargo promotions and offers on new accounts. A recent GObankingrates survey found that more than half of respondents didn’t know if their banks or credit unions offered sign-up bonuses. Not only are these bonuses available — getting them is simple. You just need to open a qualifying account with Wells Fargo and meet the account requirements.
To help you evaluate current Wells Fargo promotions, here are details on some of their most lucrative offers, along with the cash bonuses available right now. These quick summaries outline important aspects of each promotion and tell you exactly how you can take advantage of them:
- Wells Fargo Promotions at a Glance
- Current Wells Fargo Bank Promotions Overview
- How To Open a Wells Fargo Account
- Are Wells Fargo Promotions Right for You?
Wells Fargo is one of the biggest banks in the U.S., with more than $500 billion in assets under management. Two of its accounts have promotional cash bonuses you can earn by meeting the basic requirements when opening the account.
|Best Wells Fargo Promotions: April 2020|
|Account||Cash Value of Bonus||Expiration Date|
|Everyday Checking Account||$400||July 31, 2020|
|Cash Wise Visa Card||$150||N/A|
Wells Fargo’s Everyday Checking account and Cash Wise Visa card are among the bank’s most popular products, and Wells Fargo is currently offering promotions on both. Receiving a bonus for opening a new account can provide a nice little infusion of money that you can use to jump start your savings or spend on necessities.
Find Out: How Much Is Wells Fargo Worth?
For a limited time, depositors who open and fund a new Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account will receive a $400 checking bonus. This account offers convenient features such as access to the Wells Fargo Mobile app, digital alerts and debit cards. College students can link their Wells Fargo Campus ATM cards or Campus Affinity debit cards to this checking account for seamless access to their funds. The requirements to qualify for the promotion and receive the $400 bonus are as follows:
- Cash value: $400
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $25 to open account
- Minimum direct deposits: $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within 90 days
- Expiration date: July 31, 2020
- How to get it: This bonus is offered online and in-branch. If you fill out the form online, the offer code will be applied. To open in-branch, follow the link and provide your information and email address, and the offer code will come by email. Take the code to the branch to open your account.
- When you’ll get it: Within 30 days following the 90-day qualification period
- Terms and conditions: The offer is limited to participating branch locations. Customers must have a valid Social Security number.
- Monthly fees: The service fee is $10 per statement cycle. This fee can be avoided if you maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance or make a minimum of $500 worth of direct deposits or 10 debit card payments.
- Promotion page: Wells Fargo Everyday Checking $400 cash bonus offer
This Visa card has no annual fee and gives cardholders unlimited 1.5% cash back on purchases. What’s more, it features an introductory annual percentage rate of 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. For cardholders who qualify for this promotion, it also comes with a $150 cash rewards bonus.
- Cash value: $150
- How to qualify: Spend a minimum of $500 in the first three months.
- How to get it: Apply online for the Cash Wise Visa card. Once you’re approved, spend $500 over the next 90 days.
- Expiration date: No expiration is posted.
- When you’ll get it: One to two billing periods after you qualify
- Late Payment/Returned Payment Fees: $37 per incident
- Annual fee: None
- Terms and Conditions: This card is only available to U.S. citizens and legal residents with a valid Social Security or tax ID number. Approval is subject to credit qualification.
- Promotion page: Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa card $150 rewards bonus offer
Wells Fargo makes opening a new credit card or deposit account easy and convenient. No matter how you choose to open your account, help is always available if you need it.
There are three ways to open a Wells Fargo account:
- Apply online for a credit card, checking account, savings account, loan or line of credit.
- Call Wells Fargo’s customer service line at 800-932-6736.
- Visit any Wells Fargo branch. You can use the online branch locator to find the branch nearest to you.
Cashing in on banking promotions can put real money in your pocket, but bonuses are not the only thing to consider when choosing a bank.
Wells Fargo is an ideal bank for customers who like to visit brick-and-mortar branches in addition to having online banking access. Opening a new account with Wells Fargo is a good way to make your money work for you because the direct deposits and spending requirements for bonuses are within reach for most working folks. As long as you can meet the minimum account balances, all you have to do is set up a direct deposit or complete a few transactions and you’ve earned a bonus.
Although some of these accounts do have a monthly fee, you can avoid Wells Fargo’s monthly maintenance fees if you meet certain qualifications.
More From Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Review: Is It the Right Bank for You?
- How To Open a Wells Fargo Bank Account
- How To Avoid Wells Fargo Monthly Maintenance Fees
- How To Find and Use Your Wells Fargo Login
- Wells Fargo Interest Rates: How To Get the Bank’s Best Rates
- How To Set Up Wells Fargo Direct Deposit
- What Is the Wells Fargo Cashier’s Check Fee?
- Here’s Your Wells Fargo Routing Number
- Here’s Your Wells Fargo Bank SWIFT Code
More Bank Promotions
- Best New Bank Promotions & Offers
- New Checking Account Bonuses
- Ally Bank Promotions
- Bank of America Promotions
- Capital One Promotions
- Chase Promotions
- CIT Bank Promotions
- Citibank Promotions
- Discover Bank Promotions
- Huntington Bank Promotions
- Keybank Promotions
- PNC Bank Promotions
- Regions Bank Promotions
- Synchrony Bank Promotions
- TD Bank Promotions
- U.S. Bank Promotions
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.
This content is not provided by Wells Fargo. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Wells Fargo.