BMO Bank is one of the largest banks in North America, so it’s not surprising if you bank with — or are considering banking with — BMO Bank. If so, you may be wondering about BMO Banks near you. You shouldn’t be too far from one considering the bank has more than 600 branches and over 1,300 ATMs across the United States. Keep reading to learn more.
BMO Bank Near Me: Find Your Local Branch
The best way to find the closest BMO Bank near you is to use the company’s online branch and ATM locator. Follow these steps to use the tool:
- Load the BMO Bank branch locator.
- Enter your city and state or your ZIP code in the field provided.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to start your search.
- Browse through the results on the map to determine which option is closest to you.
Once you find the location closest to you, look at the listing to find the location’s address, phone number and hours of operation. The listing also includes accessibility information, like whether or not the branch nearest you is wheelchair accessible.
Another way to find BMO Banks near you is to open your web browser and type in “BMO Bank near me.” This should pull up a map of the closest locations.
BMO Bank ATM Near Me: Find Your Local ATM
By using the BMO Bank branch locator, you can also find the closest BMO Bank ATMs to you. Follow steps one through three above. Once you’ve started your search, find the location type options just below the search bar.
The website displays the options in a toggle bar with the location automatically set to “branch.” Simply click the “ATM” location and the page will display a list of all BMO Bank ATMs near you. ATM listings give you the address of the ATM as well as accessibility details.
About BMO Bank
BMO Bank was established in the early 1800s in Canada. Today, the bank is one of the largest in North America, boasting more than 46,000 employees across the United States and Canada.
How To Contact Customer Service
BMO Bank customer service hours vary depending on the department you’d like to get in touch with. Use the following phone numbers if you need to get in touch with BMO Bank:
- General inquiries: Call 1-888-340-2265 Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. or Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST.
- Credit card inquiries: BMO cardholders call 1-855-825-9237 and Diners Club cardholders call 1-800-234-6377. You can call either line any time you’d like, as there are representatives available around the clock.
You can also contact BMO Bank’s customer support by using the online support tool or walking into your local branch.
Hours of Operation
BMO Bank doesn’t publish a set schedule for the hours of operation that all of its branches must abide by. However, when using the company’s branch locator tool, you’ll find that the vast majority of branches are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time and that their ATMS are typically open 24/7.
On the other hand, customer support hours vary by department. If you’re looking for general customer support over the phone, you’ll have to call during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: Between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. CST
- Saturday and Sunday: Between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. CST
If you’re interested in calling customer service about your credit card, you’re in luck. Credit card representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
BMO Bank is a popular financial institution across the United States and Canada — that’s why it’s grown to become one of the largest financial institutions in North America. If you have an account with BMO Bank and are wondering about “BMO Bank locations near me,” you can use the steps above to find them.
If you’re considering opening a new account and the closest BMO Bank near you is an important factor in your decision, use the branch locator to see if you’re reasonably close.
FAQHere are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding BMO Bank.
- Is BMO Bank a good bank?
- Yes, BMO Bank is a good bank to work with. Not only is the company one of the largest banks in North America, but it has also earned an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Moreover, BMO Bank has been in operation for more than 200 years. Companies don't typically last very long if they don't provide high-quality services. So, the bank's longevity is yet another sign that it's a good institution to work with.
- What is BMO Bank known for?
- BMO Bank is most well-known for its consumer banking services. The company offers a wide range of checking accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, auto loans, credit cards and more.
- Is BMO Bank FDIC-insured?
- Yes, all deposit accounts at BMO Bank are FDIC-insured. The company's website says the FDIC insures all deposits up to the maximum amount allowable by law. This means that all deposit accounts at BMO are FDIC-insured for up to $250,000 per individual per financial institution per ownership category.
- However, if you have more than $250,000 in your combined deposit accounts, you should consider splitting it up over multiple banks to ensure that all of your funds are covered.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.
Our in-house research team and on-site financial experts work together to create content that’s accurate, impartial, and up to date. We fact-check every single statistic, quote and fact using trusted primary resources to make sure the information we provide is correct. You can learn more about GOBankingRates’ processes and standards in our editorial policy.
- Stock Analysis. 2023. "Bank of Montreal (BMO)."
- Business Chief. 2023. "Top 10 largest banks in North America ranked by assets."