- Target will be closed on Christmas Day.
- Stores will have limited hours on Christmas Eve.
- Target will resume regular store hours on New Year’s Day.
If you love last-minute holiday shopping, Target has you covered. The retailer will remain open for the majority of December, including major holidays, so you can get your gifts under the Christmas tree just in time.
Find out Target’s retail store holiday hours.
Target’s Christmas Hours
Target stores will have limited hours on Christmas Eve but will be closed Christmas Day.
- Christmas Eve: Open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. or 11 p.m., depending on location
- Christmas Day: Stores closed
See More: 25 Secret Ways to Save Money at Target
Target’s New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day Hours
Target stores will be open and have normal business hours on New Year’s Day, but might close earlier on New Year’s Eve.
- New Year’s Eve: Store hours vary based on location
- New Year’s Day: Stores open regular store hours
Check with your local Target in advance to confirm operating hours for Dec. 31.
Target, Walmart, Best Buy and More: Your Complete Price-Matching Guide
Target Holiday Return Policy
Target’s standard return policy states that if the item is not opened and you have a receipt, you have up to 90 days to return or exchange your purchase. The policy applies to all items except for electronics and entertainment purchases.
For electronics and entertainment items purchased between Nov. 1 and Dec. 25, however, you have 30 days to make a return or exchange. The return period for electronics and entertainment products will begin on Dec. 26. In addition, any Apple products — excluding iPhones — have a 15-day return period that begins on Dec. 26.
Understand Target’s return and warranty policies before you shop.
More on Holidays
- Target Now Has the Best Free Shipping Offer This Holiday Season
- 22 Banks Open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day 2019
- 42 Restaurants and Stores Open on Christmas 2018
- Watch: Groceries at Target vs. Walmart
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.