One of the best gifts for many people is an Apple gift card — especially as the festive season unfolds. Apple gift cards are are a great way to show your love for your friends and family as they’ll help them purchase their desired digital items using the App Store.
Apple enables you to purchase items virtually using Apple Pay and gift cards. It also stores the unused balance automatically in your Apple ID. Here are the steps on how to check your Apple gift card balance.
How To Check Your Apple Gift Card Balance Without Redeeming
Here’s how to check your Apple gift card balance online:
3 Ways to Check Your Apple ID Balance
When you’ve added your gift card funds to your Apple ID, it’s pretty simple to check your balance from all your devices, provided you can access your credentials. Here’s how to check your Apple ID balance using different systems.
- Go to the App Store on your device.
- Tap on the profile picture on the top right side.
- Apple will prompt you to sign in using your Apple ID identifications. Key in the necessary credentials and log in.
- Apple displays the balance below your Apple ID.
- Go to the App Store on your device using the Dashboard or Spotlight.
- Log in to your account using your correct Apple ID credentials.
- Tap your profile picture at the bottom corner at the right of your screen.
- Apple displays your balance just below your Apple ID.
- Install iTunes for Windows.
- Sign in to iTunes using your Apple ID details.
- Tap Store at the top part of your screen.
- Apple shows your gift card balance below your name.
What To Do When You Can’t See Your Balance Under Your Apple ID
If you can’t see your balance under your Apple ID, it means that you have depleted your gift card balance. When you top up your Apple ID or redeem a gift card, you can see your balance under your Apple ID.
You can also check your Apple gift card balance online if you live in the U.S. You can do so by simply visiting the Apple website and signing in to your account, then clicking “View gift card balance.” Enter your PIN code at the back of the card, and your balance displays on the screen.
There are three simple ways to check your Apple gift card balance using your Apple ID on iOS, Mac and Windows. If you can’t access your balance under Apple ID, you can also check your balance online on Apple’s website.
Apple Gift Card FAQHere are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about checking your Apple gift card.
- Is it possible to cash out your Apple gift card?
- You can't redeem your Apple gift card balance for cash except in the iTunes Store, except where the law allows when shipped outside iTunes or at Apple retailers.
- How do you check your pin on your Apple gift card?
- When using plastic gift cards, you can find the PIN at the back top. If you're using Apple Store eGift Cards, your PIN appears next to the email below the card image.
- What can you purchase using your Apple gift card?
- You can use your Apple gift card to buy Apple devices and accessories, including iPhone cases and headphones, among others. You can also use it to buy apps, games, music and even pay subscriptions like Apple TV.
Melanie Grafil contributed to the reporting for this article.