Sam’s Club ended the fiscal year in January 2017 with an impressive $57 billion in revenue. Owned and operated by Walmart, the wholesale club offers discounted prices on groceries, electronics and household goods.
In order to take advantage of additional Sam’s Club deals, you’ll need to sign up for a membership card. Follow these steps and start saving big at Sam’s club.
How to Get a Sam’s Club Membership
Signing up for a Sam’s Club membership card is easy and quick. Follow these steps to get your card and begin shopping for your favorite items.
- If you want to get your membership and start shopping immediately, head to your local warehouse during Sam’s Club hours. If you can wait, fill out an online application to get started.
- Go to the customer service counter and request a membership application, which you can fill out on-site.
- Select the type of membership you want: Sam’s Savings, Sam’s Business, Partner Membership Program, Collegiate Membership or Sam’s Club Plus membership.
- Pay the yearly membership fee.
You can also take advantage of a Sam’s Club trial membership to request an “Invitation to Shop” pass, which enables you to spend the day shopping in the warehouse. You will, however, pay a 10 percent service fee that will be applied to your receipt — unless you live in California, South Carolina or Elmsford, N.Y.
Find Out: 15 Best and Worst Deals at Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club Membership Rules and Benefits
When you’re selecting your membership, review the rules and benefits of each option — and note that your Sam’s Club membership renewal will take place every 12 months. Here’s what the different types of memberships offer:
- Sam’s Savings: The basic membership costs just $45 a year — for that amount, you’ll get instant savings, discounts on eyeglasses, club pickup services, access to the Tire and Battery Center and the opportunity to apply for a Sam’s Club Mastercard.
- Sam’s Club Plus: You’ll get a number of perks with this membership, including up to 16 cards, cash rewards, an extra protection service plan, additional optical benefits and discounts on prescription drugs. The fee is $100 per year.
- Sam’s Business: The Sam’s Club Business membership includes the same features as the Sam’s Savings and also costs $45 a year. This membership enables you to shop early and get up to eight cards so coworkers or employees can handle the shopping, too.
- Partner Membership Program: Organizations with more than 250 employees can sign up for the Partner Membership Program, which gives workers all the benefits of a Sam’s Club membership discount.
- Collegiate Membership: College students can sign up for a Sam’s Savings account and pay the $45 fee. Next, students can verify their statuses through UNiDAYS — a savings network dedicated to providing students discounts — and receive a free, $25 online gift card to use toward future purchases.
Sam’s Club Membership Benefits
Every Sam’s Club membership comes with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. If at any time you are unhappy with your membership, you can cancel and receive a full refund. Of course, the wholesale prices are the biggest draw to shopping at Sam’s Club because they allow you to stock up on your favorite products at affordable prices.
Shopping at Sam’s Club can also be a big time-saver, which appeals to busy moms and on-the-go executives. With a membership, you can also place an order online for pick-up later in the day or use the Sam’s Club Scan and Go app, which enables you to scan each item as you shop and conveniently pay with your phone.
Members will also appreciate Sam’s Club coupons, which are available in the Instant Savings Book. You’ll find hundreds of discounted items you can take advantage of online or in the store.