Platforms like Chime®* and PayPal offer an array of financial services right at your fingertips. However, knowing how to transfer money between them can unlock even greater convenience and flexibility.
Unfortunately, you cannot transfer money from Chime to your PayPal account directly because Chime only connects to banks — not PayPal. Instead, you’ll have to use one of the following workarounds.
Here’s what you need to know about sending money from Chime to Paypal.
How To Transfer Money From Chime to PayPal by Debit Card
Even though you can’t directly transfer money from your Chime account to your PayPal account, here’s one workaround.
1. Link Your Chime Debit Card to Your PayPal Account
To transfer money from Chime to PayPal, you’ll need to link your Chime debit card1 first. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click “Link a card or bank.”
- Click “Link a debit or credit card.”
- You’ll then be prompted to choose how to link your cards. Click “Debit or credit card.”
- Next, you’ll enter your Chime debit card number, card type, expiration date, security code and billing address.
- Once you enter all of the information, click “Link card.”
- Wait for the confirmation that your Chime debit card was linked and click “Done.”
2. Transfer Money From Your Chime Debit Card to Your PayPal Account
Once you’ve linked your Chime debit card to your PayPal account, you can transfer money using the following steps:
- Return to the dashboard of your PayPal account and click “Transfer money.”
- On the next screen, click “Add money from your bank or debit card.”
- Next, select the amount you want to transfer to your PayPal account.
- Click “In seconds with debit.”
- Then, click the button labeled “Add $ now.”
- Wait for the confirmation that your money has been transferred from Chime to your PayPal account.
How To Transfer Money From Chime to PayPal Through Your Bank
If you don’t have a PayPal debit card, then you can transfer money from Chime to PayPal through your bank. Here’s how.
1. Link Your Chime Account to Your Bank Account
Follow these steps to link your Chime account to your bank account.
- Log in to your Chime account.
- Click “Move money.”
- Click “Transfers.”
- Next, you’ll be prompted to enter your login credentials for your external bank account.
- Once you’ve entered the login information, your external bank account will be connected to your Chime account, and you can transfer the amount of money you want to send to your PayPal account to your bank account. However, it will take three to five business days for the money to reach your bank account.
2. Link Your PayPal Account to Your Bank Account
Once you’ve sent the money from your Chime account to your external bank account, you’ll need to link your PayPal account to the same bank account if you haven’t already. Here’s how.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click “Add card or bank” on the home screen.
- Click on “Link a bank account” from the pop-up menu.
- Search for your external bank account’s name on the “Choose your bank” screen and select it.
- Provide your bank account’s routing number and account number when prompted.
- Follow any additional prompts from PayPal to complete the process. Log in to your bank account with your email or username and password. PayPal uses Yodlee to confirm your bank details and check your balance and transactions.
- Submit the reCAPTCHA and click the blue “Agree and Link” button.
- Choose the account from your list of eligible bank accounts to link to PayPal.
- Wait until you receive a message, “You linked 1 account,” and click the “Done” button.
- You’ll be redirected to your PayPal Wallet, where you should see your external bank account, and you’ll have the option to give it a nickname.
3. Move Money From Your Bank Account to Your PayPal Account
The last step in the process is to move the money that you transferred from Chime to your external bank account to your PayPal account. Here’s how.
- Log in to PayPal.com and go to your Wallet. If you’re using the PayPal app, tap “Add Money” beside your balance.
- Select the option to add money from your bank or debit card.
- Add the amount you want to transfer from your bank to your PayPal account.
- Choose to transfer “in seconds with debit” or “in 3-5 days with your bank.”
- Wait for confirmation that the transaction has been completed.
Tips for Smooth Transfers Between Chime and PayPal
To keep money transfers between Chime and PayPal hassle-free, consider the following tips:
- Maintain a sufficient balance: Before starting a transfer, make sure your Chime account has enough funds to cover it.
- Understand transfer limits: Know the maximum transfer limits set by Chime, your bank and PayPal to avoid issues when transferring.
- Understand transfer times: If you have a PayPal debit card, you can transfer money instantly from your Chime account.2 However, if you don’t, you’ll have to transfer the money from Chime to an external bank account, which can take three to five business days. Next, the transfer from your external bank account to your PayPal account can take an additional three to five business days.
Although you can’t link your PayPal account to your Chime account, you can send money from your Chime account to your PayPal debit card instantly or through an external bank where you have a bank account in your name, which could take six to 10 days.
FAQHere are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about sending money from Chime.
- Can you send money from Chime to PayPal or Cash App?
- Yes, there are ways you can send money from Chime to Cash App or PayPal.
- Can you send money out of Chime?
- Yes, you can send money from your Chime account to friends or family members using the Pay Anyone feature, and you can also send it to an external bank account.
- Can you send money from Chime to Venmo?
- Yes, because Venmo is a payment app and not a bank, you can send money from Chime to Venmo by debit card or through your bank — the same way you can transfer money from Chime to PayPal.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.
*Chime is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by, and debit card issued by, The Bancorp Bank, N.A. or Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC.
1 Banking services and debit card provided by The Bancorp Bank N.A. or Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
2 Sometimes instant transfers can be delayed. The recipient must use a valid debit card to claim funds. Once you are approved for a Chime Checking Account, see your issuing bank’s Deposit Account Agreement for full Pay Anyone Transfers details. Please see the back of your Chime debit card for your issuing bank. See Terms and Conditions.