Despite the popularity of debit cards and electronic banking, paper checks are still common — especially for retirement-aged adults, about 3/4ths of whom use them regularly to handle checking account transactions and more.
Many people order checks directly from their banks when they run out, but you can order them from printers like Walmart, too. The retail giant offers a variety of designs and even custom options so you can order whatever you want.
Keep reading to learn how to order personal checks from Walmart.
How Do I Order Checks From Walmart?
The simplest way to order checks from Walmart is by visiting walmartchecks.com. The site is devoted entirely to helping customers order personal and business checks online.
You can be a member of any U.S. bank and still order your checks from Walmart. And if you’re looking to open a bank account, you can choose one from the list of this year’s Best Banks of 2024.
Walmart he retailer has a contract with Harland Clarke, a large financial services company based in San Antonio, Texas.
Here’s how to order checks from Walmart online, with step-by-step instructions.
How To Order Personal Checks From Walmart
- Visit Walmartchecks.com.
- Choose a design and style. The company offers high-security options for personal and business uses and a variety of designs featuring characters, written messages and more.
- Choose how many packs of checks you want to order. Packs include 150 checks each, and you can order one to four packs at a time.
- Next, add your information to the check. Walmart will ask for your bank routing number, account number, and the number you want your checks to start with. The site will also tell you to enter your name, address, and other optional information you may want on your checks (such as a your email).
- Before finalizing your order, you’ll get the chance to customize your design with different font choices, logos and other details.
- Now all that’s left to do is choose a shipping method that works for you (there’s a free option), pay for the checks and wait for them to arrive at your home or business.
Walmart says you should receive your order within 12 business days from when you complete it. There are also options for expedited delivery for an additional price, but same-day service is not available due to the personalized nature of check-printing services.
How Much Does It Cost To Order Checks?
The cost of ordering checks depends on many factors, including the check design and quantity. The cheapest option is to buy basic checks, but you can also choose to pay more for checks with certain design and security features.
How Much Does It Cost To Order Checks From Walmart?
As with most check printing companies, the cost of Walmart checks varies by design and other factors. The cheapest checks you can order from Walmart cost $9.81 for a package of 120.
That amount will go up as you choose more complicated designs and customization options. For example, Walmart charges $24.23 for 120 green high-security checks. These can help protect against fraud and identify theft with features like heat-reactive ink circles and holograms.
Regardless of the order, Walmart adds a processing fee of $3.46. If you want your order delivered faster, the rush will cost an additional $5.95.
Alternative Ways To Order Checks
Walmart is far from the only check printer in the business. You can also order personal checks from:
- Your bank: You can always order checks directly from your own bank, though you might end up paying more. Some banks offer free checks for customers with certain types of accounts, though you don’t typically receive checks with savings accounts or CDs. For example, Chase offers free checks or discounted checks to select customers, as does Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Citi®.
- Vistaprint: Like Walmart, Vistaprint offers a wide variety of designs and sizes. It also offers greater flexibility on the size and pricing of orders. For example, you can buy a pack of 25 basic checks for only $4 at Vistaprint if you prefer a smaller order.
- Costco: Although Costco competes with Walmart in the check business, both retailers use Harland Clarke to handle the printing. Costco customers can choose from several designs, sizes, and security features. As a warehouse retailer, Costco offers its best deals in bulk.
It’s important to shop around when it comes time to order checks to ensure you get the best product for the best price. Although Walmart is not the only option, it will likely remain competitive due to its offerings and price points.
Will Healy contributed to the reporting for this article.
Information is accurate as of Feb. 13, 2024. Check prices may vary by location. To verify check prices, check the retailer’s website for details.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.
Discover the Best Banks of 2024: Unveiling Our Top Picks!
We've compiled a list of the top banks for this year!
Here Are the Pros and Cons of Using Multiple Banks
Many banks are one-stop-shop financial institutions...