6 Proven Ways To Get Free Stuff On Amazon
Getting something for free is akin to winning a prize — it can feel like you’ve cheated the system when you get free stuff on Amazon. The thing is, some systems are meant to be cheated, since it also benefits the bigger conglomerate they serve in a broader capacity.
With this in mind, there are many ways to get free stuff on Amazon. As one of the biggest names in e-commerce, Amazon understands adding incentives to maintain its current customer base and also grow it.
How To Get Free Stuff on Amazon
Chances are you will cross Amazon’s path at some point when shopping for something online. Because of this, you should know how to score some free stuff on Amazon. Here are six ways.
1. Amazon Freebies
Amazon’s Freebie program is as simple as going to Amazon.com and searching for freebies. The free stuff changes regularly but usually consists of smaller items such as the following.
- Free Kindle e-books
- Free Audible audiobooks
- Free music downloads
When you search for freebies or free stuff on Amazon, many other items may show up that are free or 1 cent, and you may have to pay for taxes, shipping or handling. This is still a good deal, even though not completely free, so it doesn’t hurt to search and see what pops up.
Searching for Freebies on Facebook Groups
There are many groups on Facebook dedicated to giving free products away in exchange for good reviews. Corresponding with reputable groups in the Metaverse can get you free stuff on Amazon quite easily.
2. Amazon Shopper Panel Rewards
The Amazon Shopper Panel may be by invitation only, but if you do opt-in to the program, you could receive $10 per month to either be added to your Amazon balance or donated to a charity. Though this may not be free stuff, it is free cash, which is sometimes better — you can use it towards any purchase you desire on Amazon. Here is how it works.
- Download the Amazon Shopper Panel app.
- Take photos of receipts for purchases you make outside of Amazon through the app.
- Upload 10 photos per month of eligible receipts.
- Collect $10 towards your Amazon balance.
- Earn additional rewards by completing surveys.
3. Get Free Cloud Storage
Though this isn’t a physical free item, more storage in your cloud is always welcome. If you are an Amazon Prime member, be sure you are cashing in on this free storage. Prime members get free unlimited photo storage, as well as 5GB of video storage, so make sure you take advantage of this free perk.
However, if you are not a member, you can still get 5GB of photo and video storage and can upgrade for a monthly fee.
Slickdeals operates by getting commissions when your make purchases through its platform, and then it shares a portion of that commission with you in the form of cash back. By purchasing through participating retailers, you can get cash-back offerings ranging from 1% to 40%.
When you have earned enough cash-back rewards, you can redeem your points in the way of free money via a Visa gift card or Amazon gift card. As free money equals free stuff, this is a fun way to shop on Amazon.
5. Trade-in Options
If you have an eligible Amazon device you are looking to upgrade, a great way to get free Amazon cash or a discount is to trade in your old Amazon device. This could be worth a good deal of cash value on an Amazon gift card or up to 25% off your next purchase. If you have any of the following Amazon devices, you could be eligible to trade them in.
- Kindle E-readers
- Streaming media players
- Bluetooth speakers
- Home security devices
- Wireless routers
6. Write Reviews
You can get free stuff on Amazon by writing reviews through Amazon Vine or by directly contacting small business sellers on Amazon.
This is an invite-only program, but once enrolled, you become a Vine Voice and get free stuff in exchange for your honest and insightful feedback and reviews of the product. These reviews are then made public to help other customers.
By searching for products you are already interested in, you can then reach out directly to the seller to see if they would be interested in offering you a free product or samples in exchange for your review. Though there is no guarantee, many small businesses need to increase their Amazon traction and positive reviews, so they may be willing to negotiate some free stuff for the positive feedback.
If you are going to be shopping on Amazon anyway, it may be worth your time to see if there are options for getting free items, cash or gift cards. At the end of the day, you can’t really put a price on free stuff. Just keep an eye out for scams.
FAQHere are some quick answers to common questions about how to get free stuff on Amazon.
- Does Amazon give anything away for free?
- If you know where to look, Amazon has a variety of free stuff to offer, such as e-books, audiobooks, music, cash back or gift cards. You can simply search for freebies on Amazon.
- You'll find plenty of low-priced options, too.
- How do you get stuff for free?
- You can get stuff for free through Amazon in several ways, including Amazon Shopper Panel Rewards, writing product reviews and trading in old Amazon devices.
- How do you get free samples from Amazon sellers?
- One way you can get free samples from Amazon sellers is to ask them to send you their product in exchange for a review.
- Make sure you contact the seller before buying the product rather than asking for a refund after the fact. And keep in mind that they may not be interested in making that exchange.
- What is Amazon's Freebie program?
- Amazon's Freebie program is as simple as going to Amazon.com and searching for freebies. You'll find many items that are free or $0.01, though you will have to pay for taxes and shipping on physical items.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.