If you’re like many people, you’re typically rushing around until the last minute trying to check off every item on your holiday to-do list, and getting to the bank might fall to the bottom. It’s always helpful to know what’s open on Christmas Day if you have last-minute banking needs.
Read on to find out which banks are open during the Christmas holiday.
Banks Open on Christmas Day
Christmas is a standard Federal Reserve Bank holiday, so most banks will be closed on Dec. 25, Christmas Day.
Banks Open on Christmas Eve
Although your bank might be closed on Christmas Day, some will be open for limited or regular hours. Here are some banks open on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24:
- Bank of America: Most branches open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Bank of the West: Branches open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- BBVA: Branches open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- BB&T: Branches open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- BMO Harris Bank: Branches open 8 a.m to 12 p.m.
- Capital One: Branches open 9 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Chase Bank: Branches open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Citizens Bank: Branches open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Fifth Third Bank: Branches open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- KeyBank: Branches open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Huntington State Bank: Branches open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Huntington National Bank: Branches open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- People’s United Bank: Branches open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Regions Bank: Branches open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Hours might vary by location.
- PNC Bank: Most branches are open 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Santander Bank: Branches open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Veritex Community Bank: Branches open 8:30 to 12 p.m.
- SunTrust Bank: Branches open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- TD Bank: Many branches open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Union Bank: Many branches open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- US Bank: Branches open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wells Fargo: Branches open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Hours might vary based on location, so be sure to call your local branch to confirm hours of operation on Christmas Eve.
Click through to check out the best national banks.
More on Holidays
- Americans Plan to Spend Over $150 on Christmas Dinner — Here Are Smart Ways You Can Spend a Lot Less
- Nearly Every Starbucks Will Be Open for the Holidays — But What About Yours?
- Best Buy Makes Your Holiday Shopping Easier With Extended Hours
- Watch: Groceries at Target vs. Walmart
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.
Bank hours vary by location and are subject to change. Always call your local branch to confirm.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the bank advertiser, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. This site may be compensated through the bank advertiser Affiliate Program.