Fifth Third Bank is a personal and business banking institution that serves customers in 10 states, including Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia. It offers more than 1,200 full-service branches in its service area. If you live in the service area and are looking for a new bank, take the time to investigate the incentives Fifth Third Bank offers current and new customers.
Too many Americans are missing out on this free money from banks. In a recent GOBankingRates survey, more than 65% of respondents shared that they wouldn’t be tempted by promotional offers from banks. You don’t have to be one of them. Consider the current Fifth Third Bank promotions as you shop for a bank, and don’t leave money on the table.
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions at a Glance
- Current Fifth Third Bank Promotions
- Past Fifth Third Promotions, Coupons and Offers
- How To Open a Fifth Third Bank Account
- Are Fifth Third Bank Promotions Worth a Second Look?
Current and new customers can take advantage of the available Fifth Third offers. Compare the following offers for Fifth Third credit card and savings accounts.
|Best Fifth Third Bank Promotions: May 2020|
|Account||Cash Value of Bonus||Expiration Date|
|TRIO Credit Card||$100||None|
|TRIO Preferred Credit Card||$350||None|
|Fifth Third Relationship Savings||N/A||None|
|Fifth Third Relationship Money Market||N/A||None|
Compare These: Best Regional Banks of 2020
The current Fifth Third Bank bonuses include a welcome bonus for new credit card customers. There are also relationship rates available for customers with select savings and money market saving accounts.
Already a Fifth Third checking or savings customer? You can apply for the TRIO credit card and earn up to 3% cash-back rewards on purchases. Redeem your rewards for cash back, gift cards and merchandise while enjoying additional benefits such as cell phone protection and no international transaction fees. New credit card customers are also eligible for a bonus worth $100.
The details on this offer are as follows:
- Cash value: $100
- Minimum spend to qualify: $1,000
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Open a new TRIO Credit Card account and use it to spend $1,000 within the first 90 days.
- When you’ll get it: You receive 10,000 Real Life Rewards six to eight weeks after meeting the purchase criteria. Redeem the rewards for cash back.
- Terms and conditions: This offer is available to new customers who have not had a Fifth Third Bank consumer credit card within the last year.
- Annual fee: $0
- Promotion page: TRIO Credit Card bonus offer
The TRIO Preferred Credit Card lets you earn unlimited cash back rewards on everyday purchases. The credit card comes with select perks like free two-day shipping and returns through ShopRunner, identity alert and travel assistance with Mastercard Travel Services. New customers can take advantage of a welcome bonus worth $350.
Here’s how to qualify for the bonus:
- Cash value: $350
- Minimum spend to qualify: $3,000
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Open a new TRIO Preferred Credit Card account and spend at least $3,000 within 90 days after opening
- When you’ll get it: The reward is credited to the account six to eight weeks after the requirements are met. You can redeem the rewards points for cash back.
- Terms and conditions: This offer is available to Preferred Banking members only.
- Annual fee: None
- Promotion page: TRIO Preferred Credit Card bonus offer
When you have a qualifying checking account at Fifth Third Bank, you can open a Relationship Savings account and enjoy higher interest rates on your savings. The account comes with a 0.02% annual percentage yield versus the 0.01% APY available for the standard account. Your account starts earning interest as soon as you fund it with as little as $0.01.
Here’s how to qualify:
- Cash value: N/A
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $0.01
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Open a Fifth Third Relationship Savings account and fund it within 45 days of opening. You also must have a Fifth Third Essential, Enhanced, Preferred, PCA or Private Bank checking account to qualify for relationship rates.
- When you’ll get it: The account begins accruing interest when it is funded.
- Terms and conditions: When you open and fund your savings account online, your initial deposit is held and unavailable for 10 days.
- Monthly fee: $5 but can be waived if certain criteria are met
- Promotion page: Fifth Third Relationship Savings bonus offer
Like the Fifth Third Relationship Savings account, the Relationship Money Market savings account has tiered interest rates. Rates start at 0.02% APY for balances up to $24,999 and max out at 0.10% APY for balances greater than $99,999 in this money market account.
Fifth Third coupon codes are not required for this offer, but here’s what you have to do:
- Cash value: N/A
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $0
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Open a Fifth Third Relationship Money Market savings account and fund it. To qualify for relationship interest rates, you must have a Fifth Third Essential, Enhanced, Preferred, PCA or Wealth Management checking account.
- When you’ll get it: Interest starts accruing the day after the account is funded. It is compounded continuously and deposited in the account monthly.
- Terms and conditions: Relationship rates end if the account is closed or converted to a non-qualifying checking account.
- Monthly fee: None
- Promotion page: Fifth Third Relationship Money Market bonus offer
Learn the Difference: Money Market Accounts vs. Savings Accounts
Get a better idea of Fifth Third Bank’s offerings by taking a look at some of its previously available promotions:
Fifth Third has eight types of checking accounts tailored for a variety of customers, including students, military personnel and customers who want low-cost checking account options or interest-bearing accounts. Regardless of the type of account you choose, Fifth Third lets you waive the monthly maintenance fee by following simple steps. Eligible customers earned a $250 bonus when they met the following requirements for this recently expired offer:
- Cash value: $250
- Expiration date: April 30
- How to get it: Visited a Fifth Third Bank branch to open a checking account and mentioned the offer, then funded the account with a total of $500 within the first 45 days and maintained the $500 balance until day 60 to earn the cash bonus
You can open a Fifth Third Bank account online or at a local branch. You might need to visit a branch to be eligible for some Fifth Third bonuses, so read the terms and conditions carefully before you apply.
Regardless of where you open your account, you’ll need the following information for each account holder:
- A driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo ID
- Your Social Security number
- Method for funding your account
Although Fifth Third Bank isn’t currently offering cash bonuses on checking accounts, it does have incentives for existing customers. Assuming you already have a qualifying checking account, it might be worth the effort to open a credit card or take advantage of relationship rates for a new savings account. You can also enjoy these offers as a new customer, but you’ll have to open all of the necessary accounts to get the rewards.
More on Fifth Third Bank
More Bank Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions
- Best Checking Account Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions in California
- Best Bank Promotions in Florida
- Best Bank Promotions in Ohio
- Alliant Credit Union Promotions
- Ally Bank Promotions
- America First Credit Union Promotions
- Associated Bank Promotions
- Axos Bank Promotions
- Bank of America Promotions
- Bank of the West Promotions
- Barclays Promotions
- BB&T Promotions
- BBVA Promotions
- BECU Promotions
- BMO Harris Promotions
- BOK Financial Promotions
- Capital One Promotions
- Chase Promotions
- Chime Bank Promotions
- CIBC Promotions
- CIT Bank Promotions
- Citibank Promotions
- Citizens Bank Promotions
- Comerica Bank Promotions
- Commerce Bank Promotions
- Discover Bank Promotions
- East West Bank Promotions
- First Citizens Bank Promotions
- First Horizon Bank Promotions
- First National Bank Promotions
- First Republic Bank Promotions
- FirstBank Promotions
- FNBO Direct Promotions
- Frost Bank Promotions
- HSBC Promotions
- Huntington Bank Promotions
- Iberiabank Promotions
- Keybank Promotions
- M&T Bank Promotions
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs Promotions
- Navy Federal Promotions
- Penfed Promotions
- People’s United Bank Promotions
- Pinnacle Bank Promotions
- PNC Bank Promotions
- Popular Direct Promotions
- RBC Promotions
- Regions Bank Promotions
- Salem Five Direct Promotions
- Santander Promotions
- Signature Bank Promotions
- Simple Promotions
- Suntrust Promotions
- Synchrony Promotions
- Synovus Promotions
- TCF Bank Promotions
- TD Bank Promotions
- Texas Capital Bank Promotions
- TIAA Bank Promotions
- Umpqua Promotions
- Union Bank Promotions
- US Bank Promotions
- USAA Promotions
- Valley National Bank Promotions
- Webster Bank Promotions
- Wells Fargo Promotions
- Zions Bank Promotions
Information on promotions is accurate as of May 6, 2020. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
This content is not provided by Fifth Third Bank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Fifth Third Bank.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.