Newest Fifth Third Bank Promotions, Bonuses and Offers: October 2020
Fifth Third Bank is a full-service national bank serving personal and business customers in 10 U.S. states. It boasts more than 1,200 branch locations in Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia. Fifth Third Bank offers all the savings and lending options you’d expect from an institution with over $200 billion in assets.
A recent GOBankingRates survey examined the banking habits of more than 1,000 people. The results were surprising. More than 65% of respondents said they miss out on free money by ignoring promotional offers from banks. Rather than fall into that category, why not take a moment to learn about the Fifth Third Bank promotions going on now.
Fifth Third Bank Promotions at a Glance
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the most valuable promotions Fifth Third Bank is currently running:
|Best Fifth Third Bank Promotions: October 2020|
|Account||Cash Value of Bonus||Expiration Date|
|Fifth Third Checking Accounts||$250||Oct. 31|
|Fifth Third Goal Setter Savings||Varies||None|
|TRIO Credit Card||$100||None|
|TRIO Preferred Credit Card||$350||None|
Current Fifth Third Bank Promotions
Current Fifth Third Bank bonuses involve checking accounts, savings accounts and credit cards. Keep reading to learn more.
Best Checking Account Promotion
An excellent Fifth Third Bank checking account bonus is available now through the end of October. Take full advantage of this bonus and you’ll see $250 deposited straight into your checking account. Here are the important details.
Fifth Third Checking Accounts: $250 Bonus
This cash bonus is available to customers who open a new Fifth Third Essential, Enhanced, Preferred, Free Checking or Free Checking plus Extra Time checking account and meet the promotional criteria.
- Cash value: $250
- Expiration date: Oct. 31
- How to get it: Request a Fifth Third Bank coupon code on the bank’s website. You’ll receive an offer code by email. Use the code to open a checking account and make direct deposits of $1,000 or more within the first 60 days.
- When you’ll get it: Within 10 business days of qualifying
- Terms and conditions: New Fifth Third checking customers only
- Monthly fee: $0-$25, depending on the account chosen. Fees can be waived by meeting certain balance or deposit requirements.
- Promotion page: Fifth Third Checking Account bonus offer
Best Savings Account Promotion
This highly unique Fifth Third Bank savings account bonus pays you cash rewards for reaching your savings goals. Here’s what you need to do to cash in.
Fifth Third Goal Setter Savings: Interest Match Bonus
Setting achievable goals is an important part of financial planning. This promotion allows you to set a personal savings goal ranging from $500 to $25,000 and pays you cash when you reach it.
- Cash value: Varies by goal and interest rate
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Set a savings goal and reach it over time.
- When you’ll get it: The bonus is paid during the statement cycle after you reach your goal.
- Terms and conditions: Available only to Fifth Third Bank checking account and Express Banking account holders
- Monthly fee: $5 a month. Waived if a $500 balance is maintained.
- Promotion page: Fifth Third Goal Setter Savings bonus offer
Best Credit Card Promotions
These Fifth Third Bank credit cards have great rewards programs and come with a welcome cash bonus. Here’s more.
TRIO Credit Card: Bonus Points ($100 Value)
New and current Fifth Third credit card customers can earn up to 3% cash-back rewards on purchases once approved. Rewards can be redeemed for cash, gift cards and merchandise.
This bonus promotion gives new Fifth Third consumer credit card customers 10,000 Real Life Rewards points worth $100 after meeting the requirements. Here are the details:
- Cash value: $100
- Minimum spend to qualify: $1,000 within 90 days
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Use your new TRIO Credit Card to spend $1,000 within the first 90 days.
- When you’ll get it: The 10,000 Real Life Rewards points are issued six to eight weeks after meeting the criteria.
- Terms and conditions: Offer not available to existing Fifth Third consumer credit card customers.
- Annual fee: $0
- Promotion page: TRIO Credit Card bonus offer
TRIO Preferred Credit Card: Bonus Points ($350 Value)
The TRIO Preferred Credit Card allows unlimited cash-back rewards on everyday purchases. Cardholders enjoy valuable perks like free two-day shipping and free returns through ShopRunner. The card also features identity alert and travel assistance with Mastercard Travel Services.
The bonus offer rewards customers with 35,000 Real Life Rewards Points, redeemable for $350. Here are the details:
- Cash value: $350
- Minimum spend to qualify: $3,000 within 90 days
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Open a new TRIO Preferred Credit Card account and spend $3,000 within 90 days after opening.
- When you’ll get it: The reward points will be credited to the account within six to eight weeks after qualifying.
- Terms and conditions: You must be a Preferred Banking member to qualify.
- Annual fee: $0
- Promotion page: TRIO Preferred Credit Card bonus offer
How To Open a Fifth Third Bank Account
All Fifth Third Bank accounts can be opened online or in-person at a local branch. It’s important to read all of the terms and conditions carefully before you apply.
Regardless of what method you chose to open your account, you’ll need to provide the following information for each account holder:
- Driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo ID
- Social Security number
- Method for funding your account
Get the Fifth Third Bank Bonuses That Are Right for You
Fifth Third Bank is encouraging you to open a new deposit or credit card account by offering lucrative cash bonuses. If you are in the market for banking services, here are some ways you can earn some promotional cash.
Fifth Third Bank Bonuses
- Visit the promotion pages listed above and learn more about each offer.
- Review your finances to decide which promotion is best for you.
- Contact the bank or visit a branch to have your questions answered.
- Think about how you’ll spend your bonus money.
Information on promotions is accurate as of Sept. 24, 2020. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
This content is not provided by Fifth Third Bank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Fifth Third Bank.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.