FirstBank is one of the largest privately held banks in the U.S., with branches in Colorado, Arizona and California. Like many banks, FirstBank runs regular promotions to attract new customers.
A GOBankingRates survey found that most respondents don’t research the promotions their local banks offer, which means they’re missing out on cash bonuses and other perks.
GOBankingRates is here to keep you informed of opportunities to earn free cash. Keep reading to learn about the latest FirstBank promotions and how you can earn them.
FirstBank Promotions at a Glance
FirstBank’s latest promotions encourage customers to save money or sign up for a credit card. Here’s a closer look at the current FirstBank offers for August:
|Best FirstBank Promotions: August 2020|
|Account||Cash Value of Bonus||Expiration Date|
|CollegeInvest Smart Choice College Savings||$50||None|
|FirstBank Classic Visa Credit Card||$100||None|
Current FirstBank Promotions
FirstBank’s current promotions come with certain conditions you’ll need to meet to earn the cash bonuses, though you don’t need FirstBank coupons to redeem any of the offers. Here’s what you need to know:
Checking Account Promotion
Unfortunately FirstBank isn’t offering any checking account promotions at this time. If you’re in the market to open a bank account, there are a number of banks offering free money and perks for opening an account.
Savings Account Promotions
A FirstBank savings account bonus makes it easier to save for the important things in life. Keep reading for more details.
FirstBank eSave Accounts: $25 Bonus
When you open an eSave checking and savings account, opt in for a FirstBank Visa debit card and sign up for mobile or online banking, you’ll qualify for the $25 bonus. The eSave program uses a unique system to grow your savings.
Every time you make a debit card, bill pay or electronic funds transfer transaction, FirstBank will transfer an amount of your choice from your checking to your savings account. Here’s more:
- Cash value: $25
- Minimum deposit to qualify: None
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Open an eSave checking and savings account, opt in for a FirstBank Visa debit card and sign up for online banking. Once you receive $500 in savings account transfers, the bonus will be deposited into your checking account.
- When you’ll get it: After you complete the $500 in transfers to your savings account
- Terms and conditions: You must complete the deposit requirement within 12 months after opening the account.
- Monthly fee: $3, but waived if you sign up for online banking.
- Promotion page: FirstBank eSave Accounts bonus offer
CollegeInvest Smart Choice College Savings Account: $50 Bonus
FirstBank’s CollegeInvest Smart Choice account is a 529 account designed to help you save money for college. Open one and you’ll receive a $50 cash bonus to grow your college savings faster. Here’s how:
- Cash value: $50
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $50
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Open a CollegeInvest 529 account with $50 and arrange a monthly automatic transfer of at least $1 per month for six months to receive the bonus.
- When you’ll get it: At account opening
- Terms and conditions: The bonus will be reported as interest for tax purposes.
- Monthly fee: None
- Promotion page: CollegeInvest Smart Choice College Savings Account bonus offer
Credit Card Promotions
Rewards are a great reason to get a credit card. FirstBank’s latest credit card offer gives you bonus points on top of your reward points.
Here’s more information:
FirstBank Classic Visa Credit Card: $100 Value
The FirstBank Classic Visa lets you earn rewards points for your purchases, which can then be redeemed for cash. After you get approved for the card you’ll receive 10,000 points as a signup bonus, worth $100 in cash. Here are the details:
- Cash value: $100
- Minimum spend to qualify: N/A
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Apply and get approved for the card, then use it to receive the bonus when you redeem your first earned 40,000 points.
- When you’ll get it: After you redeem your first 40,000 points
- Terms and conditions: Subject to credit approval
- Annual fee: None
- Promotion page: FirstBank Classic Visa Credit Card bonus offer
Past FirstBank Promotions
You may have missed out on these past promotions, but it can help to see previous FirstBank offers like the ones listed below.
FirstBank Anywhere Checking Account: $300 Bonus
The Anywhere Checking account comes with features such as online banking, a mobile app and 24/7 support. You can earn the cash bonus by setting up direct deposit and meeting the monthly requirements.
Here are the details:
- Cash value: $300
- Expiration date: Expired
- How to get it: Customers opened a FirstBank Anywhere checking account, then made at least one direct deposit per month for three consecutive months. The direct deposit had to be $500 or more. They must have opened the account from the promotion page or presented the ad at a local branch.
How To Open a FirstBank Account
The easiest way to open a FirstBank account is to apply online. You can also open an account at a branch. In either case, you’ll need to provide the following:
- Name, address and phone number
- Social Security number or Individual Tax ID number
- Driver’s license, passport or other state ID
How Much Money Will FirstBank Give You for Opening an Account?
FirstBank is offering up to $300 for opening an account this month, so its promotions are worth looking into if you want to earn a little extra cash. For two of the bonuses, all you need to do is open a savings account and set aside money regularly. This is a good financial practice, anyway, because you can build up your emergency fund or contribute to some other financial goal. Getting into the savings habit will come in handy whenever life throws you a financial curveball.
This content is not provided by FirstBank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FirstBank.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.