If you’ve forgotten your Vanguard password, GOBankingRates has you covered. Keep reading to learn how to find your account login for Vanguard.
Creating a Vanguard Account
To get your password, first you’ll need to set up an account. You can choose among several different investment assets, including Vanguard retirement plans. Before setting up your account, you’ll need the following information handy:
- Routing and accounting number from previous bank for your Vanguard account funding
- Current employer’s name and address if applicable
- Your Social Security number
Creating an account also includes the usual security trappings, such as providing your phone number, date of birth and address.
Recover Your Vanguard Account Login
Once you create an account, you’ll be able to create a Vanguard login. You’ll need to verify your identity using your name, Social Security number, birth date and ZIP code.
You will then be able to create a name and password to conduct online business with your Vanguard funds.
If you ever need help logging on to Vanguard, you can easily recover your user name or reset your password by providing your:
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
- Birth date
- ZIP code
- Email address
Vanguard and More: The Best 401k Companies
4 Tips for Protecting Your Vanguard Login and Account
Because anyone can fall victim to forgetfulness, GOBankingRates recommends the following password protection tips for digital security:
- Use unique passwords in the places where you do business.
- Enroll in two-factor authentication.
- Ensure your contact information is up-to-date.
- Activate voice ID or use a verbal password when calling the financial institution.
Should you need additional assistance, you can also call Vanguard at 877-662-7447.
More on Brokerages
- The Best Online Stock Brokers for Beginners
- The Best Investment Brokers
- Brokerage Fees Comparison: Where Will You Keep the Most Money?
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.