You’ll need somewhere to store your digital asset if you plan on buying cryptocurrency, non-fungible tokens or any other crypto asset. That’s where cryptocurrency wallets come in, and one of the most popular is MetaMask. MetaMask serves more than 21 million unique monthly users as a highly versatile digital wallet for storing assets like cryptocurrency.
If you have a MetaMask wallet, its versatility may excite you. You can easily connect your MetaMask wallet to various blockchain networks and decentralized applications for seamless integrations.
It’s not surprising to find that one of the most common questions about the digital wallet surrounds how to add BNB to MetaMask. Here’s your step-by-step guide.
Connecting Your MetaMask to a BNB Smart Chain
- Log Into MetaMask. First, you’ll need to log into your Metamask account. If you don’t already have a MetaMask wallet, you’ll need to download one. MetaMask offers downloads for devices with Chrome, iOS, or Android operating systems.
- Click “Settings.” Find the settings link by clicking on the circle icon in the top right corner of the MetaMask wallet screen once you log in.
- Click “Network.” Click the “Network” option from the settings page.
- Click “Add Network.” Since BNB is a blockchain network, you’ll need to add the BNB smart chain to your MetaMask wallet as a network. Do so by clicking the “Add Network” button.
- Input BNB Smart Chain Information. Now it’s time to add BNB Smart Chain information. Start typing “https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/” in the “New PNC URL” field. Next, type “56” into the field for “Chain ID.” Type “BNB” in the “Symbol” field and “https://bscscan.com/” in the “Block Explorer URL” field. Now, click “Save.”
- Verify the Connection. Once you click save, the website will reload your wallet. Next, verify your connection by looking for a “BNB” header toward the top of your wallet. You’ll also see a message in the bottom right corner of your screen that says “Smart Chain was successfully added!”
By following the steps above, you now know how to add BNB to MetaMask.
Frequently Asked QuestionsThese are some of the most common questions about connecting MetaMask to the Binance Smart Chain.
- How do I connect my MetaMask to Binance Smart Chain?
- Use the step-by-step list above to connect your MetaMask wallet to the Binance Smart Chain.
- Can I connect a Binance chain wallet to MetaMask?
- Yes. Use the steps above to connect them.
- How do I add a smart chain to the MetaMask wallet?
- You can add any network to the MetaMask wallet by logging in, clicking "Settings," "Network," "Add Network" and entering the network's information.
- How do I add a BNB network to the MetaMask app?
- Use the steps above to make the connection between BNB and MetaMask.