Financial institutions use routing numbers as identification codes to assist with electronic money transfers. Routing numbers consist of nine digits and help to make the transfer process fast and secure. Continue reading to learn about the routing number for Apple Bank, a regional financial institution with 84 branches across the New York City metropolitan area and a history spanning 150 years.
Apple Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Apple Bank is 226070584.
Apple Bank has just one routing number for all of its locations and personal bank account users. However, some banks can have multiple routing numbers. A bank may use separate routing numbers for various geographic locations or for different purposes.
What Are Routing Numbers Used For?
Routing numbers are used to identify banks during electronic financial transfers. Common uses for routing numbers include:
- Wire transfers: A routing number is used to identify the sender and recipient for wire transfers between banks.
- Automatic payments: Routing numbers are needed when setting up an automatic payment, such as an auto-bill payment.
- Direct deposits: Employers use routing numbers to facilitate direct deposits for employee paychecks. For retirement-age individuals, the government uses routing numbers to direct deposit Social Security checks.
- Check processing: Routing numbers are printed at the bottom of checks. This information identifies the financial institution that the check originated from.
- ACH transfers: Routing numbers help process Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfers.
How To Find Your Routing Number
There are several ways to locate a routing number for your bank. If you have a checkbook handy, the simplest way is to look at the bottom left-hand corner of a check. However, with traditional paper checks nearly obsolete, you may need to pursue an alternative search method.
Here are a few tips for locating a bank’s routing number if you don’t have a check handy.
- Call your bank’s customer support hotline.
- Search through your bank’s website or mobile app.
- Use the ABA Routing Number Lookup website.
Routing numbers are used for a wide range of purposes from receiving your monthly paycheck to setting up an automated bill-pay system. To find your Apple Bank routing number, simply look at the bottom left-hand corner of your checks. Alternatively, look it up online. Just make sure that you’re using a trustworthy and up-to-date source.
FAQHere are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Apple Bank and routing numbers.
- How many digits is a bank account number?
- A bank account number typically ranges from eight to 12 digits. However, it may stretch up to 17 numbers.
- What kind of bank is Apple Bank?
- Apple Bank is a regional commercial bank that is chartered in New York. It was established in 1863, and it offers a mix of personal and business-related financial products.
- Does Apple Bank have the same routing number for everyone?
- Yes, Apple Bank has just one routing number for all of its bank account users and locations.
Information is accurate as of April 6, 2023.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.
Our in-house research team and on-site financial experts work together to create content that’s accurate, impartial, and up to date. We fact-check every single statistic, quote and fact using trusted primary resources to make sure the information we provide is correct. You can learn more about GOBankingRates’ processes and standards in our editorial policy.
- Chase. "What is a bank account number?"
- Chase. "ACH and ABA routing numbers: What’s the difference?"
- American Bankers Association. 2022. "Routing Number Policy & Procedures."