Wells Fargo $300 Checking Bonus
Wells Fargo, one of the nation’s largest banks, provides checking and savings accounts, CDs, credit cards, loans, investing services and more. Founded in 1852, it now has over 4,700 branches, making it a bank worth considering for anyone looking for a reliable one-stop, full-service financial institution.
Anyone looking to change banks or open a Wells Fargo checking account might be interested in the Wells Fargo $300 bonus on its Everyday Checking account for qualifying account holders.
Wells Fargo $300 Bonus Requirements
New Wells Fargo checking account holders must meet the following requirements to receive the $300 bonus.
Any ACH automatic electronic deposit of regular income — including a salary, pension or Social Security — is considered a qualifying direct deposit.
Within 30 days following the completion of the 90-day qualification period, Wells Fargo will determine if the bonus requirements have been met and will deposit the $300 bonus into the account holder’s Everyday Checking account, if they have one. Once the bonus is received, an account holder may close the account without penalty.
To qualify for the bonus, the account holder must open the new Everyday Checking account online from the bonus offer page on the Wells Fargo website or at a branch location. If opening the account in person, the potential new account holder must present to the bank representative a bonus code generated on the Wells Fargo bonus offer web page to receive the offer.
New account holders should know that Wells Fargo may close a zero balance account without notice per the Deposit Account Agreement, so they should maintain a positive account balance until receiving the bonus. Also, account holders are responsible for paying taxes on the bonus as required by law.
Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account Details
A Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account can be opened with as little as $25. While the account has no required minimum balance, to avoid a monthly $10 service fee, account holders must meet one of the following monthly requirements:
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $500
- Receive qualifying direct deposits totaling $500 or more each month
- Be between 17 and 24 years of age
- Be a college student with a Wells Fargo Campus ATM Card or Campus Debit Card linked to the account
Wells Fargo Everyday Checking is a non-interest-bearing account. However, with Wells Fargo Everyday Checking, account holders can access online and mobile banking, make digital payments through Zelle and use approximately 12,000 ATMs for free.
The account comes with a contactless debit card that can easily be added to the digital wallet feature or turned off in case of loss or theft. Wells Fargo also provides several tools to help account holders avoid overdrafts.
The Wells Fargo $300 bonus is an enticing sign-up offer and should be relatively easy for many people to earn, given the reasonable eligibility requirements. College students who can meet the direct deposit requirement might find the account beneficial, since they can easily avoid the $10 monthly fee given their age or by linking a Campus card.
Anyone considering a new checking account should shop around before opening a Wells Fargo account. Other banks might have equally attractive bonus offers on interest-bearing checking or have account features that better meet individual banking needs.
FAQHere are quick answers to two of the most common questions about the Wells Fargo $300 bonus offer.
- How do I get my $300 bonus from Wells Fargo?
- To get the $300 Wells Fargo bonus, new qualifying account holders must open a new Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account with a minimum deposit of $25 and receive a minimum total of $1,000 in qualifying direct deposits to the new account within 90 calendar days of account opening.
- Within 30 days of the end of the 90-day qualifying period, Wells Fargo will deposit the $300 bonus into the qualifying account if all requirements are met.
- How long does it take to get Wells Fargo checking bonus?
- It could take up to 120 days from account opening to receive the $300 bonus. The bonus qualification period is 90 days. Within 30 days of the 90-day qualification period ending, Wells Fargo will determine if the bonus requirements have been met and deposit the $300 into the account holder's new checking account.
Information is accurate as of July 13, 2022.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Wells Fargo. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Wells Fargo.