In the aftermath of a global pandemic and a rise in credit card fraud incidents, Apple Pay helps with both those issues by offering a secure contactless solution for processing transactions. If you’re a fan of Chick-fil-A, you’re in luck. Does Chick-fil-A accept Apple Pay? Yes, Chick-fil-A does accept Apple Pay.
When Did Chick-fil-A Start Accepting Apple Pay?
In 2016, Chick-fil-A issued a press release announcing that it would begin accepting Apple Pay as a way to help prevent credit card scams or fraud. The company gradually rolled out Apple Pay at all Chick-fil-A locations.
However, the company didn’t just stop at offering Apple Pay as a payment solution in its stores. You can also pay with Apple Pay when you order using Chick-fil-A’s mobile app.
How To Use Apple Pay at Chick-fil-A
As mentioned above, Chick-fil-A accepts Apple Pay payments in-store, at the drive-thru and on their mobile app. Find the details for using Apple Pay in both instances below.
Follow These Steps
It’s easy to use Apple Pay in Chick-fil-A stores. Start here:
- Order your favorite meal at Chick-fil-A.
- When it’s time to pay, open your Apple Pay app and hold your phone over the credit card reader.
- Follow the prompts on your smartphone to complete the purchase.
How To Use Apple Pay on the Chick-fil-A App
It’s just as easy to use Apple Pay on the Chick-fil-A app as it is to use it in their stores.
- Order your food on the app like you normally would.
- Tap the “Change” button on the review order screen next to the payment type.
- Select “Apple Pay” from the available options.
- Follow the prompts to connect your Apple Pay account to your Chick-fil-A app.
Did You Know?
Chick-fil-A is a massive company with more than 2,000 restaurants across the U.S., with customers finding their way to the franchise six days out of the week — they’re famously closed on Sundays — and achieving record revenue in 2021.
Why Is Apple Pay a Better Payment Option?
There are two primary reasons Apple Pay is better than traditional payment options. Those include:
- Security: Apple Pay tokenizes your identity and payment information, so your information is never shared with merchants or fraudsters.
- Contactless: Apple Pay is a contactless payment solution that only requires physical contact with your device. This reduces the spread of germs and diseases.
Chick-fil-A does accept Apple Pay, a safer way to pay. Use Apple Pay for your transaction the next time your order food from Chick-fil-A.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.
Our in-house research team and on-site financial experts work together to create content that’s accurate, impartial, and up to date. We fact-check every single statistic, quote and fact using trusted primary resources to make sure the information we provide is correct. You can learn more about GOBankingRates’ processes and standards in our editorial policy.
Discover the Best Banks of 2024: Unveiling Our Top Picks!
We've compiled a list of the top banks for this year!
Here Are the Pros and Cons of Using Multiple Banks
Many banks are one-stop-shop financial institutions...