Your Citibank routing number might come in handy when you’re signing up for direct deposit or sending cash to family and friends. Use the chart below to instantly find your routing number.
Citibank Routing Numbers by State
|Citibank Routing Numbers|
|Northern California — including San Francisco and Central California||321171184|
|Southern California — including Los Angeles and San Diego||322271724|
|Virginia and Washington, D.C.||254070116|
If you don’t see your region listed or aren’t sure where you opened your account, call Citibank at 800-374-9700 for assistance.
What Is a Routing Number?
The routing number — also known as the ABA or check routing number — was created by the American Bankers Association in 1910 as a way to process paper checks. Over the last century, it evolved to give banks and credit unions the ability to send and receive funds to and from other financial institutions.
How To Find Your Routing Number on a Check
Routing numbers typically appear in the lower left-hand corner of a check. See the graphic below that will show you where to find your Citibank routing number right in your checkbook.
Banks Can Have Multiple Routing Numbers
Banks aren’t tied to having just one routing number. Much like how big banks have different addresses for their branches across the nation, they often feature different routing numbers, too, to ensure accuracy in locating funds. A bank typically features a primary routing number, which is assigned based on where its main office is located. As it adds locations, the bank might become eligible to receive more numbers.
Getting the Routing Number for International Wire Transfers
Sending cash across borders comes with a different set of rules. If you’re sending an international wire transfer, you’ll need to know the following:
- The beneficiary’s full name
- The name and location of the beneficiary’s bank
- The beneficiary’s account number
- The BIC or SWIFT code aka Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication code
- The CHIPS UID aka Clearing House Interbank Payments System Universal Identifier
What They Are and How To Find Them: Demystifying SWIFT Codes
You’ll Need Your Routing Number
Your routing number — sometimes called an ABA — is an extremely useful piece of information when it comes to your banking life. Your Citibank routing number appears on your checks, or you can get it by contacting your bank directly.
Be sure to verify the routing number before you send your cash. If it’s off by even one digit, your money could go somewhere else.
More on Citibank
- Citibank Review: Is It the Right Bank for You?
- Newest Citibank Promotions: Best Offers, Coupons and Bonuses
- How To Avoid Citibank’s Monthly Maintenance Fees
- Citibank CD Rates as of April 2020
- How To Find and Use Your Citibank Login
- Your Guide to Citibank BIC/SWIFT Codes
More Routing Numbers
- Alaska USA Routing Number
- Alliant Credit Union Routing Number
- Ally Bank Routing Number
- America First Routing Number
- Axos Bank Routing Number
- Bank of America Routing Number
- Bank Of The West Routing Number
- BB&T Routing Number
- BECU Routing Number
- BMO Harris Routing Number
- Capital One Routing Number
- Charles Schwab Routing Number
- Chase Bank Routing Number
- Citizens Bank Routing Number
- Commerce Bank Routing Number
- DCU Routing Number
- Fidelity Routing Number
- Fifth Third Routing Number
- FirstBank Routing Number
- First Citizens Bank Routing Number
- GECU Routing Number
- Golden 1 Credit Union Routing Number
- HSBC Routing Number
- Huntington Bank Routing Number
- Keybank Routing Number
- MACU Routing Number
- MCU Routing Number
- M&T Bank Routing Number
- Navy Federal Routing Number
- PenFed Routing Number
- People’s United Bank Routing Number
- PNC Bank Routing Number
- RBFCU Routing Number
- Regions Bank Routing Number
- Santander Routing Number
- SunTrust Routing Number
- TD Bank Routing Number
- TIAA Bank Routing Number
- UCCU Routing Number
- UFCU Routing Number
- Umpqua Bank Routing Number
- Union Bank Routing Number
- US Bank Routing Number
- USAA Routing Number
- Vystar Routing Number
- Wells Fargo Routing Number
- Webster Bank Routing Number
- Woodforest Routing Number
- Zions Bank Routing Number
Erika Giovanetti contributed to the reporting of this article.