Shoppers who frequent Gap or any of its sister stores, including Old Navy, Banana Republic and Athleta, can get extra time to pay for their purchases and reap rewards by using the GapCard or Gap Visa credit card issued by Synchrony Bank. Although both cards offer rewards, the GapCard is only valid at Gap, whereas the Visa-branded card offers five times the rewards for items bought at any of the Gap-affiliated stores, plus one point everywhere else. And when you hit 500 points with either card, you’ll receive a $5 reward that you can use toward a future Gap purchase.
Between shopping and banking rewards, you’ll need to make a payment toward your Gap credit card. Learn about the ways you can make your Gap payments on time each month, so you can avoid racking up late fees and damaging your credit score.
How Do I Pay My Bill?
Although you can’t make an in-store Gap credit card payment, plenty of other payment options exist for both the GapCard and Gap Visa. Here are the three different ways you can make a payment:
How to Make a Gap Credit Card Payment Online
For many people, an online payment the easiest way to make a credit card payment. Here’s how to do it:
- Use your Gap credit card login information to access your Gap online account at the Gap website. To create a Gap login, click “Register” on the login page. You’ll need to provide your credit card number, ZIP code, email address, Social Security number and date of birth.
- Click on the “Pay Your Bill” option once you are logged in to pay online. You’ll need to enter your bank name, checking account number and bank routing number.
- Select the amount you want to pay. You can make the minimum payment due, or pay the balance from your previous statement, your current balance or any amount up to your current balance.
- Allow up to a week to process your first online payment. For subsequent online payments, allow up to 72 hours for payments to post.
How to Make a Gap Credit Card Payment by Mail
You also have the option to mail in your Gap payment, by following these steps:
- Write a check payable to “Gap” in the amount you want to pay. Pay at least the minimum payment due to avoid penalties, and pay the full amount of your last statement balance to avoid interest charges.
- Mail your Gap payment to the following address; allow for up to 10 days for your payment to be processed:
P.O. Box 530942
Atlanta, GA 30353-0942
How to Make a Gap Credit Card Payment by Phone
Gap also allows you to make credit card payments over the phone for free. To pay by phone, follow these steps:
- Gather your credit card and payment information. You’ll need your card number as well as your bank account information and the amount you want to pay.
- Call Gap card services at 800-887-1198, and follow the automated prompts to schedule your payment.
Late Fees for Gap Cards
Once Gap assigns a payment due date for your account, you cannot change it. Each month, you’ll have 26 days from the billing date of your statement to pay your entire balance to avoid interest and penalties.
Missed or late payments incur a $27 fee if you haven’t had any missed payments in the previous six billing cycles; a $37 late fee occurs if you have. As long as you make the minimum payment, however, you won’t owe any penalties, but interest will accrue on any remaining balance.
Up Next: Best Store Credit Cards