Everything You Need To Know About How To Pay Your Target REDcard
Frequent shoppers at Target will benefit greatly from the store’s popular REDcard, issued through TD Bank, which offers 5% off purchases, an extended return period and free two-day shipping for items purchased on Target’s website. Cardholders also enjoy early access to special events, products and promotions, as well as an exclusive coupon each year on their REDcard anniversary date, all for no annual fee.
Getting the best deal with the Target REDcard is now faster than ever. Download the Target smartphone app to combine Circle offers, coupons and the 5% REDcard discount in the Wallet feature. Scan the Wallet barcode at checkout to pay and you’re done. After you apply for a Target credit card and get approved, check out the options for making a Target REDcard payment.
Here’s your guide to everything you need to know about making a Target REDCard payment.
Fuel up with a latte for your Target store shopping trip — you get 5% off your in-store Starbucks purchase with the REDcard. While you’re there, head over to the Guest Services desk and have your billing statement or Target REDcard credit card ready so the attendant can look up your account number. The employee can use the account number to accept your Target bill payment and apply it to your account.
Related: Best Store Credit Cards
Target REDcard credit cardholders receive a monthly paper statement in the mail. Customers can tear off the stub at the bottom and send it in with their Target payment using the provided envelope. You’ll want to send your payment five to seven days before the due date to make sure it arrives on time.
In the event you misplace the statement, use the following payment address:
Target Card Services
P.O. Box 660170
Dallas, TX 75266-0170
When sending your payment minus the stub, add your Target REDcard account number to the memo section of the check so the payment processor will know which Target customer account should be credited.
Don’t Miss: 19 Secret Ways To Save Money at Target
Another way to make your credit card payment is to call the Target REDcard customer service team at 800-424-6888. Follow the automated prompts or ask to speak with a Target guest services representative. Your payment will post to your account within two business days.
How To Make a Target REDcard Payment Online
To make a REDcard payment online, enter your username and password on the Target REDcard login page. Once the Manage My REDcard screen appears, click “Schedule a Payment” under the “Payment Information” tab on the left side of your screen. Follow the prompts to have your payment debited from your savings or checking account.
As long as you make your payment before 5 p.m. Central Standard Time, it will post the same day.
What Happens If I Miss a Target Payment?
Target REDcard credit card payment due dates are at least 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. Missing your payment ends up costing you more than the 5% savings you received on your purchases, so stay on top of making your payments on time.
As soon as you realize you missed a payment, pay the card balance as quickly as possible. The fastest payment methods are online, in person or by calling. Time is of the essence — you’ll be charged a late fee of up to $39 plus interest of up to 24.90% APR for every day you carry a balance.
Catching up on your past-due balance quickly is also important when it comes to your credit report and credit scores. “The longer a bill goes unpaid, the more damaging the effect it has on your credit score,” according to Equifax, one of the top credit bureaus.
How To Avoid REDcard Late Payment Fees
There are two ways you can avoid a past due payment and the $39 late fee. You can use the online portal to schedule payments up to 30 days in advance. Or you can set up a Target bill pay reminder alert that sends you an email when your payment is coming due.
To schedule a Target REDcard payment in advance:
- Go to the Target credit card login page and sign in with your username and password.
- When you arrive at the “Manage My REDcard” page, click on “Schedule a Payment” in the “Payment Information” category on the left.
- Follow the steps to schedule a payment in advance.
To set up a Target REDcard payment-due email reminder:
- Go to the Target REDcard login page and sign in.
- Go to the “Settings” section on the left and click on “Set Alerts.”
- Choose when you want to receive a payment reminder by entering the number of days before your due date in the option “My credit card payment is due in.”
- Once you get the email reminder, use the most convenient of the four ways to make a Target REDcard payment to pay your bill on time.
Changing your Target REDcard payment date could be helpful for coordinating your payment with your payday or setting up a due date that’s easier to remember. You can make the change to your payment date by calling the appropriate Target guest services phone number:
- Target Mastercard: 800-424-6888
- Target Credit Card: 800-659-2396
- Target Debit Card: 888-729-7331
Paying your REDcard is easy, thanks to the four convenient payment options of in-store, online, over the phone and by mail. As with all store credit cards and credit products, paying off your balances in full and making payments on time every month will build your credit and save you money on late fees and interest charges, making the 5% Target store savings worth your while.
Find Out: How Much Is Target Worth?
Pay Your Other Store Credit Cards
- Pay Your American Eagle Credit Card
- Pay Your Belk Credit Card
- Pay Your Best Buy Credit Card
- Pay Your BP Credit Card
- Pay Your Buckle Credit Card
- Pay Your Children’s Place Credit Card
- Pay Your Crate and Barrel Credit Card
- Pay Your Dick’s Sporting Goods Credit Card
- Pay Your Dillard’s Credit Card
- Pay Your Discount Tire Credit Card
- Pay Your Express Credit Card
- Pay Your Firestone Credit Card
- Pay Your Forever 21 Credit Card
- Pay Your GameStop Credit Card
- Pay Your Gap Credit Card
- Pay Your Goodyear Credit Card
- Pay Your Home Depot Credit Card
- Pay Your HSN Credit Card
- Pay Your JCPenney Credit Card
- Pay Your Kay Jewelers Credit Card
- Pay Your Lane Bryant Credit Card
- Pay Your LOFT Credit Card
- Pay Your Lowe’s Credit Card
- Pay Your Macy’s Credit Card
- Pay Your Maurices Credit Card
- Pay Your New York & Company Credit Card
- Pay Your Nordstrom Credit Card
- Pay Your Old Navy Credit Card
- Pay Your Paypal Credit Card
- Pay Your QVC Credit Card
- Pay Your Rooms To Go Credit Card
- Pay Your Sears Credit Card
- Pay Your Shell Credit Card
- Pay Your TJ Maxx Credit Card
- Pay Your Torrid Credit Card
- Pay Your Ulta Credit Card
- Pay Your Victoria’s Secret Credit Card
- Pay Your Walmart Credit Card
- Pay Your Wayfair Credit Card
- Pay Your Zales Credit Card
Information is accurate as of Sept. 30, 2021.