Sephora is a cosmetics retailer with over 2,700 stores worldwide and a widely visited website. Frequent Sephora shoppers who sign up for Sephora’s Beauty Insider loyalty rewards program can earn cash-back points on purchases for future shopping.
Those looking for even more savings may be wondering: Does Sephora have its own credit card? The answer is yes. In fact, Sephora offers multiple credit cards to its customers. Here are six things you should know about the Sephora credit card.
1. What’s the Difference Between the Sephora Credit Cards?
One of the best ways shoppers can earn Sephora savings is to get one of Sephora’s three credit cards. The Sephora credit card is a store credit card that can only be used at Sephora stores and online at Sephora.com. Sephora’s Visa and Visa Signature cards can be used at any location that accepts Visa.
2. What Are Sephora’s Credit Card Sign-Up Bonuses?
All new Sephora cardholders receive 25% off one in-store or online purchase. The discount must be used within 30 days of card approval, can only be used once and cannot be applied to previous purchases. While the 25% off discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts, it can be used on any Sephora product or service. This perk alone could net considerable savings.
Sephora Visa cardholders also receive a $20 reward bonus for a future Sephora purchase if they use the card to make $500 of non-Sephora purchases within the first 90 days of receiving their card. The $20 reward will be issued on the card’s billing statement.
3. What Are Sephora’s Cash-Back Rewards?
All Sephora cardholders earn a 4% cash-back reward on all Sephora purchases, whether in a Sephora retail store or online. Purchases from Sephora departments at other retailers do not earn this reward.
Sephora Visa cardholders can use the Sephora Visa card anywhere Visa is accepted and earn 1% cash back on all non-Sephora purchases and Sephora department purchases at other retailers.
Cash-back rewards may only be used toward Sephora purchases in-store or online. Cardholders must redeem rewards within 90 days of issuance, or the rewards expire. Unless otherwise specified, cash-back rewards cannot be combined with other Sephora discounts on purchases. Cardholders can easily track cash-back rewards on their billing statement, their online Sephora profile or the Sephora app.
Sephora Beauty Insider Rewards
Approved cardholders also earn rewards via Sephora’s Beauty Insider loyalty program. Credit card and loyalty program rewards points are combined for use toward future purchases.
4. What Are Sephora’s Exclusive Cardholder Offers?
All card members receive exclusive offers throughout the year. Offers include discounted purchases and free-with-purchase offers. Cardholders still earn both cash-back rewards and Beauty Insider points on exclusive offer purchases.
5. Does the Sephora Credit Card Have an Annual Fee?
Unlike many rewards credit cards available today, none of the Sephora cards, including the Sephora Visa Signature card, have an annual fee.
In case this policy changes and an annual fee is added to the card, you should know that federal law requires the issuing bank to notify cardholders 45 days before the new fee becomes effective. Cardholders can then elect to close the card to avoid the annual fee.
6. What Are the Sephora Visa Signature Benefits?
The Sephora Visa Signature card offers all the benefits of the Sephora Visa card as well as exclusive access to the following:
- Visa concierge: Assists with entertainment tickets and travel planning.
- Roadside dispatch: Provides pay-per-use, 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Zero liability policy: Protects the cardholder from unauthorized purchases.
Now that you know everything you need to about Sephora credit cards, you can decide whether applying for one is right for you. Frequent Sephora shoppers who get a Sephora credit card will see some savings, especially when used with the Beauty Insider loyalty rewards program. Make sure you analyze your spending and needs as occasional shoppers might benefit more from another type of cash-back credit card rather than a Sephora card.
FAQHere are answers to commonly asked questions about the Sephora credit card.
- What's the difference between a Sephora credit card and a Sephora Visa Credit Card?
- The regular Sephora credit card is a store credit card that can only be used at Sephora. The other two cards, the Sephora Visa and the Sephora Visa Signature cards, are provided by Visa and function like any other credit card provided by a bank or credit union.
- How hard is it to get a Sephora credit card?
- Although several factors determine card eligibility, the Sephora Visa Signature card may require good to excellent credit to qualify. It is easier to get a Sephora credit card than to get a Sephora Visa card as those with fair to good credit may qualify for it.
- Can I use the Sephora Visa card anywhere?
- The Sephora Visa card can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. However, purchases only earn 1% cash back when the card is used for non-Sephora purchases.
- How do I sign up for the Sephora credit card?
- You can apply for the Sephora credit card at any Sephora store, through the Sephora website or on the Sephora app. You'll need to have your government-issued photo ID, a valid tax identification number, such as your Social Security number and a mailing address that is not a P.O. Box.
- Can I use the Sephora credit card with Apple Pay?
- Sephora Visa cardholders can use their card with Apple Pay. Cardholders will earn the same rewards for making purchases with Apple Pay as when using the Sephora Visa card.
Chris Ozarowski contributed to the reporting for this article.
Data is accurate as of April 11, 2023, and is subject to change.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.