Whether you’re looking for ways to save on travel, dining, entertainment or retail purchases, don’t miss the chance to secure deals through some of the best cash-back sites. Sites and apps like InboxDollars, Shopkick, Dosh and FlipGive are becoming increasingly popular for those who want to get paid to shop for everyday items and earn money to buy tickets to concerts or sporting events.
What Is the Best Cash-Back Website?
There are lots of cash-back shopping sites that offer top-rated cash-back offers, exclusive deals and other perks. Here’s a cash-back site comparison of 12 leading websites that might be worth your time:
- Number of Merchants: 850+ online partners, 10,000+ restaurant locations, 20,000+ grocery and drug stores, and travel sites
- Popular Merchants: Expedia, Walmart, Apple, Best Buy, Hotels.com
- Payout Methods: College savings plan deposit, student loan payment or check
If you’re committed to reaching your college savings goals, join Upromise to build up your savings account every time you shop, dine or book a much-needed vacation. You earn cash back at participating retailers, restaurants and travel sites that you can put towards Upromise GoalSaver Accounts, eligible 529 plans or eligible student loan payments. Users report Upromise is a great way to get rewarded for shopping online and offline, but it’s a good idea to keep track of your purchases to make sure you get all your rewards.
Treat Yourself: The 40 Best Websites to Score Free Stuff Online
- Number of Merchants: 5,000+
- Popular Merchants: Macy’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, Groupon, Walmart, Best Buy
- Payout Methods: Check, PayPal, Amazon gift card
BeFrugal claims to provide the highest cash-back rates, with up to 40 percent cash back at thousands of popular stores. New users earn a $10 bonus for signing up, and shoppers can use coupons and special deals across the site to save even more. Cash back is automatically added to your account. Transactions are tracked accurately and it’s easy to access payments, according to users. Testimonials also highlight the high cash-back rates.
3. Coupon Cabin
- Number of Merchants: 3,000+
- Popular Merchants: Gap, T-Mobile, Toys “R” Us, Ulta, Walgreens
- Payout Methods: Check, PayPal, electronic gift card, Chase Payment, charity donation
Coupon Cabin sets itself apart from other cash-back sites by offering exclusive offers with popular merchants. For example, shoppers can get $75 back on orders over $75 at retailers like Gap and Coach or $50 back on orders over $50 at Amazon when they claim special offers through the site. Users can sign up for an account to make money with every purchase. The site states you can earn unlimited cash back with bonus cash-back offers at dozens of stores. Coupon Cabin has earned positive reviews on SiteJabber, with shoppers claiming the entire process is easy and Coupon Cabin is a great site for people who shop online frequently.
4. Coupon Cactus
- Number of Merchants: Approximately 4,000
- Popular Merchants: Amazon, Target, Walmart, AliExpress, Probiotic America
- Payout Methods: Check, PayPal
Get the latest coupon codes for all your favorite retailers through Coupon Cactus. The company has partnered with thousands of merchants to provide special offers and deals, as well as some of the highest cash-back rates on purchases. New members earn an instant $3 bonus for creating an account and then hitting the “Like” button on Facebook. Users say the site provides prompt customer service, and they like how efficiently the site keeps track of verified and eligible purchases.
- Number of Merchants: 3,500+
- Popular Merchants: eBay, Amazon
- Payout Methods: PayPal, ACH, Amazon gift card, American Express Reward Cards
This site offers cash-back offers and deals for shoppers at more than 3,500 retailers as well as exclusive seasonal sales and coupon codes. You simply choose your cash-back offer and complete your purchase, then choose a payout method to receive your earnings. The site is easy to use and there is a range of merchants to choose from, said reviewers on Trustpilot. Reviews about customer service are mixed.
- Number of Merchants: 1,000+
- Popular Merchants: Amazon, JCPenney, Macy’s, Best Buy
- Payout Methods: Amazon gift card, PayPal, check
In addition to earning cash back from popular online retailers, ShopAtHome.com users get a $10 sign-up bonus and can access local deals to earn cash back from sites like Groupon. Users can install a Savings Button on their browser to get real-time updates about available cash-back offers at their favorite retailers. The site has 837,568 users, and shoppers report that it’s easy to use on your phone.
- Number of Merchants: 2,500+
- Popular Merchants: Amazon, Vitacost.com, Macy’s, eBags, GNC
- Payout Methods: Credit card credit, PayPal, check, charitable donation
You can join Extrabux for free and earn a $5 welcome bonus upon signup. An email address is all you need to sign up, and you can shop at hundreds of popular retail stores to earn cash back on every eligible purchase. A browser extension is available for those who want to earn cash back automatically when shopping. Members have earned $52,011,511 cash back to date, according to the site.
- Number of Merchants: 2,000+
- Popular Merchants: Kohl’s, Groupon, J.Crew, Sephora, Macy’s
- Payout Methods: Check, PayPal
To qualify for cash-back offers, Ebates members must start an Ebates Shopping Trip by clicking an Ebates link to the store where they want to shop. You can complete your purchase once your purchase is validated, and the total amount of cash back will be added to your account. Ebates claims you can earn up to 40 percent cash back at over 2,000 stores. New users earn a $10 Ebates cash bonus or $10 gift card for your next Walmart purchase.
9. Mr. Rebates
- Number of Merchants: 2,000+
- Popular Merchants: Walmart, Macy’s, eBay, Hotels.com, Groupon
- Payout Methods: Check, gift card, PayPal
Members earn cash back by clicking through store links on the website to activate a rebate code. Rebates are credited to your Mr. Rebates account a few days later, and you can request a check or PayPal payment after earning $10. Friends you refer through a referral link help you earn a referral rebate of 20 percent of your friends’ original rebates. Site highlights include a $5 signup bonus and up-to-date coupons, but opinions are mixed on how well the site tracks earnings and on the quality of customer service, said reviewers on SiteJabber.
- Number of Merchants: 1,500+
- Popular Merchants: Amazon, Walmart, Target, Starbucks
- Payout Methods: PayPal, gift cards
Members of this site sign up to earn Swagbucks.com from shopping online, answering surveys, watching videos and searching the web. The company gives out 7,000 free gift cards every day, and members can earn cash back whenever they take advantage of special deals. Members earn “SB” for every dollar they spend — each SB equals 1 percent cash back. Key benefits of the site include the ability to earn free gift cards and the variety of ways to earn rewards, said reviewers on SiteJabber.
Bookmark This: 15 Travel Hacks for Free Tickets, Free Meals and More
- Number of Merchants: 289
- Popular Merchants: Walmart, Food Lion, Kroger, Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy
- Payout Methods: PayPal, Venmo, featured gift card
One of the more high-tech ways to earn cash back is by snapping a photo of your receipt so your purchases can be matched to cash-back offers. Ibotta promises to deposit your cash back into your account within 48 hours — all you have to do is find offers you’re interested in before you shop, and keep your receipt. Users can link a loyalty card or make mobile in-app purchases to earn cash back.
- Number of Merchants: 1,900+ retailers, restaurants and travel partners
- Popular Merchants: Groupon, eBay, Walmart
- Payout Methods: Gift cards, online certificates
Instead of earning cash back directly from purchases through this site, MyPoints awards points for shopping with various merchants, taking surveys, watching videos and playing games. You can cash out your points for gift cards or online certificates to save money on travel. The Refer-A-Friend program provides 750 Points as an award for friends who make an eligible merchant purchase of at least $20.
Up Next: 15 Best Debit Card Rewards Programs
Elizabeth Magill contributed to the reporting for this article.