It’s time to break out the star-spangled banners as Independence Day is right around the corner. If you are taking a road trip, need a pit stop for some fast food or just running out for party supplies, you need to know what locations will be open on the Fourth of July.
What’s Open July 4th?
Just because July 4, 2023, lands on a Tuesday doesn’t mean people won’t be throwing barbeques and setting off fireworks to ring in the holiday. Get ready to stock for your annual Fourth of July bash here is a guide to what stores keep their doors open for you on Independence Day.
- Academy Sports + Outdoors: Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Ace Hardware: Open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Albertsons: Regular hours but the pharmacy will be closed
- Aldi: Varies by location
- Barnes & Noble: Open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Belk: Open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Best Buy: Varies by location
- Big Y: Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club: Regular hours
- The Container Store: Open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- CVS: Open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Dollar General: Open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dollar Tree: Open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- The Fresh Market: Regular hours
- Giant Food: Stores and pharmacies will be open for regular hours
- H-E-B: Regular hours (the pharmacy is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- H-Mart: Regular hours
- Home Depot: Open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m
- Ikea: Open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- J.C. Penney: Open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Joann Stores: Open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Kirkland’s: Open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kohl’s: Open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Kroger Stores: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Lowe’s: Open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Marshalls: Open 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Publix: Regular hours
- Ralphs: Varies by location
- Rite Aid: Open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Safeway: Regular hours (pharmacy will be closed)
- Sam’s Club: Open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. but Plus members get extended hours from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Shaws: Regular hours (pharmacy hours may vary)
- Star Market: Regular hours but the pharmacy will be closed
- Stop & Shop: Regular hours
- Target: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- T.J. Maxx: Open 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Trader Joe’s: All locations to close at 5 p.m.
- Vons: Regular hours (pharmacy will be closed)
- Walmart: Open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Wegmans: Regular hours
- Whole Foods: Regular hours
What’s Closed July 4th?
While more retailers open their doors to take advantage of the celebratory spending mood, there is one conspicuous absence from the list below. Costco will be closed on July 4 to allow employees to take a break from work and spend some holiday time with their families.
Because July Fourth is a federal holiday, you would be right in assuming that government offices, banks, schools, post offices, and the stock market are closed on Fourth of July
Final Take To GO
A good number of retail, warehouse, discount and grocery stores will be open on Independence Day, either with regular store hours or modified ones where hours will vary. Given it’s a holiday, even national chains’ hours may vary by location for certain local stores. Before you head out to purchase everything red, white and blue make sure you check in with stores near you.