Does Taco Bell Accept Apple Pay?
Taco Bell is one of the most popular food chains across the United States. So, what happens when you have stepped out to eat at Taco Bell but forgot your wallet? Can you pay for your order with a digital wallet? Does Taco Bell accept Apple Pay?
Does Taco Bell Accept Apple Pay?
Yes, Taco Bell accepts Apple Pay! You can use digital wallets like Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay to pay for your orders at Taco Bell. This applies to online orders, dine-in and drive-thru orders.
Benefits of Using Apple Pay at Taco Bell
After the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the world put its focus on reducing physical points of contact while making transactions. That is why digital wallets like Apple Pay have become immensely popular in the last couple of years. Large retail stores and fast food powerhouses like Taco Bell promote the use of digital wallets because it is safer for both the customer and the seller.
Here are a few benefits of using Apple Pay at Taco Bell.
- Instead of using physical debit or credit cards, you can easily use the contactless payment service of Apple Pay to make your payments at Taco Bell.
- Apple Pay is much more secure and is a private payment method that reduces the risk of malicious attacks while making payments.
- Since it is already available on your Apple Device, it is simple to set up and free to use.
- You can use your Apple Card with Apple Pay to get 2% cash back when you make payments at Taco Bell.
- Apple Pay speeds up the checkout process and reduces your dependency on cash.
How To Set Up Apple Pay
Before you use Apple Pay at Taco Bell, you have to make sure that you have Apple Pay set up on your iPhone or any other Apple device. Here are the steps to do so:
- iPhone: For an iPhone, open the Wallet app and tap on “+” to add a card. Follow the steps to add the card and verify your banking information. If you have a paired Apple Watch, you will have the option to add the card to your watch as well.
- Apple Watch: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap on the “My Watch” tab. Navigate to “Wallet and Apple Pay” and tap on “Add Card.” You have to verify your banking information and card provider details to complete the process.
- Mac or iPad: Open Wallet settings on your respective device. If you are using a Mac, go to “Wallet and Apple Pay” under “System Preferences.” On your iPad, you have to go to “Wallet and Apple Pay” under “Settings.” From there, add your card by following the prompts.
Once you have set up Apple Pay on your Apple device, you are ready to use it as a payment method in stores and on websites.
Using Apple Pay at Taco Bell Restaurants
After ordering your meal at any Taco Bell restaurant, you can use Apple Pay to make the payment. Here are the steps to do so:
- Hold your phone near the cash register.
- The Wallet app on your iPhone will give you an indication on the side button. You have to double-click on it to initiate payment.
- To authenticate the transaction, you can use Face ID, Touch ID or PIN. If you are using Face ID, you have to set it up before you make payments. It is a good idea to add a passcode for an extra layer of security.
- Once authenticated, you should hold the phone close to the cash register. The NFC card reader should be able to read your device.
- A green checkmark will be shown on the screen once the payment is completed.
Using Apple Pay For Your Online Orders at Taco Bell
Since Apply Pay works on both the Taco Bell app and website, it is possible to use Apple Pay for your online orders. Here are the steps you have to follow:
- Select the items you wish to order.
- Choose the store from which you will pick up from or dine in at.
- Once you are done, go to payments and select Apple Pay as your preferred payment method.
- Complete the transaction.
Using Apple Pay at a Taco Bell Drive-Thru
Using Apple Pay at a Taco Bell drive-thru is very simple, and you can follow these steps to do so.
- If you wish to use Apple Pay at a Taco Bell drive-thru, you must inform the cashier first.
- Hold your iPhone close to the cash register so that the NFC reader can read the device and initiate the payment.
- Once done, a green checkmark will appear indicating a successful payment.
What Other Payment Methods Does Taco Bell Take?
Taco Bell accepts a number of payment methods for ordering in person or online. Here are the payment methods that you can use to pay for your order at Taco Bell.
Debit and Credit Cards
Taco Bell accepts all standard debit and credit cards on its app, website and physical stores. If you are paying with a debit or credit card at a Taco Bell restaurant or drive-thru, you can swipe the card to complete the payment. For online orders, you have to go to the “Payments” screen during checkout and click on the “Add a Credit or Debit Card” button. Once you add the card and enter the relevant details, you can use it to pay for your order.
Apart from Apple Pay, Taco Bell accepts other digital wallets like Google Pay and Samsung Pay. The process of setting up these payment methods is the same as that for Apple Pay. You can use Google Pay and Samsung Pay to pay for online Taco Bell orders, in the restaurants and drive-thru orders.
You can use a Taco Bell Gift Card or E-Gift Card as a payment option while paying for your online orders at Taco Bell. During checkout, you have to select “Taco Bell Gift Card” under “Payment Information” and then enter the pin or code of the respective gift card. If you have any balance left from this card, it will show up on your payment options in the future.
If you are eligible under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, you can use your EBT cards to pay for your meal at Taco Bell, subject to the fulfillment of certain other conditions.
Apple Pay is an easy way of making online payments across various platforms. Because of its efficiency, Apple Pay is set to compete with fintech giants like Affirm and Block.
So, if you have an iPhone and use Apple Pay, use it to pay for your meal during your next visit to Taco Bell for a smooth and contactless payment experience.
Apple Pay at Taco Bell FAQ
- Does Taco Bell offer Apple Pay?
- Yes, you can use Apple Pay to pay for your orders on the Taco Bell app and website. Apple Pay can also be used at Taco Bell restaurants and for drive-thru orders.
- What fast food places accept Apple Pay?
- You can use Apple Pay in fast food chains like Taco Bell, KFC, McDonald's, Wendy's, Chick Fil A and White Castle.
- Is Apple Pay accepted at restaurants?
- Apple Pay can be used in restaurants like Chili's, Panda Express, Panera Bread and many more. To find out if a restaurant accepts Apple Pay, you should look for the Apple symbol on the restaurant's NFC reader.
Information is accurate as of Oct. 12, 2022.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.