If you’ve recently opened a Capital One account, you may be wondering: How do I log in to my Capital One account online?
The good news is that it’s simple to log in to your Capital One account from a computer, smartphone or tablet. Read on to learn how to log in, retrieve your password if you forget it and contact Capital One support if you get stuck.
How To Set Up Your Capital One Login Information
If you’ve never used Capital One’s online services, you first need to set up online access. Follow these steps to get started:
- Click the “Set up online access” link below the “Sign in” button on the Capital One home screen.
- Fill out the form, including your last name, Social Security number and date of birth. If you’re not comfortable using your Social Security number, you can also choose to use your Capital One account number.
- Choose a username and password you’ll remember to complete your setup.
How To Log In to Your Capital One Bank Account From a Computer
Once you set up your login details, you can sign in to your account to manage it online. The first option for doing so is on your computer. Follow these steps to sign in:
- Load the Capital One homepage.
- Enter your username and password in the spaces provided.
- Click “Sign in.”
If you’re not interested in typing in your username whenever you want to access your account online, click the “Remember me” check box under your username. This will auto-fill your username when you load the Capital One homepage.
How To Log In to Your Capital One Bank Account From a Mobile Phone or Tablet
You can follow the steps above if you’re using a mobile browser, but the best way to bank on the go with Capital One is to use the company’s mobile app. Here are the steps to doing so:
- Download the Capital One mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
- When you load the app, it will prompt you to log in. Type your username and password into the fields provided.
- Tap the “Sign In” button.
If your device offers fingerprint or facial recognition, you can add these as methods to log in to your Capital One mobile app. All you need to do is opt in to the service.
How To Retrieve a Forgotten Username or Password
Everything has its own unique password these days, making it easy to forget your passwords from time to time. So, what happens if you forget your Capital One password? Follow these steps to retrieve it:
- Load the Capital One homepage.
- Click the “Forgot username or password?” link under the space to input your password.
- Enter your last name, Social Security number and date of birth into the fields provided.
- Click “Find Me.”
- If your information is correct, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your username and a link to reset your password.
How To Contact Capital One Customer Service
There are multiple ways to get in touch with the customer support staff at Capital One. The best option for you depends on why you need to contact customer support. Here are the phone numbers to use:
- Capital One banking customer support: Capital One banking customer support is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. You can contact support by calling 800-289-1992.
- Credit card customer service: Capital One offers 24/7 support for credit card accounts. Call 800-227-4825 to contact support about your credit card account.
- Online banking support: If you need help with online banking, call 866-750-0873.
- Fraud protection: If you believe you’ve been the victim of credit card fraud, call 800-427-9428.
If you’re unsure who you need to contact at Capital One, you can call 877-383-4802 for assistance.
What Are the Benefits of Online Banking?
Online banking comes with several benefits. Some of the most impressive benefits include:
- Staying in the know: When you have online banking available, you’re able to access and manage your accounts from anywhere in the world. That means you’ll never have to play the guessing game to get an idea of how much money you have available. Simply log in, and you’ll see everything that’s happening with your bank account.
- Automatic bill pay: Have you ever worried about missing a bill payment? With Capital One online banking, you don’t have to. Just set up automatic bill pay to ensure everything gets paid on time.
- Easy transfers: You can also use Capital One’s online banking platform to easily transfer money from your checking account to your savings account and vice versa.
If you have a Capital One credit card or bank account and haven’t taken advantage of online banking, now is the time to start. Head over to the Capital One website or install the mobile app to get started.
- How do I access my Capital One account?
- You can access your Capital One account online, through the mobile app, at a Capital One Café or at a physical branch.
- How do I check my Capital One credit card account online?
- The steps to check your Capital One credit card and bank accounts are the same. Simply load the Capital One homepage and enter your username and password in the fields provided, then click "Sign in."
More on Capital One
- Capital One Review: Is It the Right Bank for You?
- Newest Capital One Promotions: Best Offers, Coupons and Bonuses
- Here’s Your Capital One Routing Number
- Capital One Interest Rates: How To Get the Bank’s Best Rates
- What Are Capital One’s Hours?
This information is accurate as of June 20, 2023.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.
Discover the Best Banks of 2024: Unveiling Our Top Picks!
We've compiled a list of the top banks for this year!
Here Are the Pros and Cons of Using Multiple Banks
Many banks are one-stop-shop financial institutions...