JCPenney has 875 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico where you can buy everything from a new wardrobe or a new refrigerator all financed using the JCPenney credit card.
Use of the card also provides you with perks like a birthday gift, exclusive offers and coupons, and one JCPenney Rewards point for every dollar in purchases. To take full advantage of the JCPenney credit card benefits, apply via the store’s website to see the current offer. Once you have your card, you’ll need to follow the steps below so you can avoid missed or late payments.
How to Make a JCPenney Credit Card Payment by Mail
Your monthly JCPenney credit card statement includes a return envelope and payment coupon, but if you misplace it, here’s an alternative payment option:
- Log in to your online JCPenney credit card account and click the “Statements” tab. From there, you can print a PDF copy of your statement to mail.
- Write a check or purchase a money order for the amount of the payment.
- Add your JCPenney credit card account number on the memo line to ensure the payment is credited correctly. Address the envelope to:
P.O. Box 960090
Orlando, FL 32896-0090
Check Out: Best Store Credit Cards
How to Make a JCPenney Credit Card Payment in the Store
Making an in-store payment is an option, which might be convenient for you if you live nearby a JCPenney location or you plan to do some shopping.
- Find your nearest JCPenney store with the online store locator.
- Visit the store and make your credit card payment with cash, a check or a money order.
- Save your payment receipt for your records.
How to Make a JCPenney Credit Card Payment Online
The JCPenney Online Credit Center lets you make a payment online by using your JCPenney login. Schedule your online payment at least one day before the due date to avoid a late payment. It can take up to three days to post to your account even though the payment will be applied as scheduled.
- Gather your checking account number and bank routing number before logging in, so you’re ready to make the payment.
- Choose the “Pay my bill” option from the navigation bar.
- Enter your checking account information, the payment amount, and the date that the money should be drafted from your bank account for JCPenney to pay the bill.
You can also set up automatic payments to make paying your bill easier.
What to Do If Your JCPenney Credit Card Payment Is Late
You have 23 days after the close of your JCPenney billing cycle to make a payment without interest or late fees. If you miss your payment due date, you’ll pay a late fee of $27 if you haven’t been late in the previous six billing cycles or $38 if you’ve been late at least once within that period. In either case, the fee won’t be more than your minimum payment.
Cardholders can choose any of the three JCPenney credit card payment methods to make a late payment. Call the JCPenney credit card account customer service line at 800-542-0800 if you have any questions.