Shell currently offers two credit cards that can benefit its customers when they fill up or make everyday purchases: Shell Drive for Five and Shell Platinum Select Mastercard. The Shell Drive for Five can be used at Shell stations, and you’ll receive a 5-cent discount per gallon every time you use the card.
The Shell Platinum Select Mastercard can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted, including Shell stations. Plus, Shell Mastercard offers users the ability to earn discounts on gas, up to 20 cents-per-gallon, for qualifying purchases they make on everyday purchases.
Click here to read up on how to build credit history when you have no credit.
Here’s what you need to know about making your Shell credit card payment, so you can avoid expensive late fees.
How Do I Make a Shell Credit Card Payment?
Each month, you’ll receive your Shell gas credit card bill. You can choose to pay either a portion of or your entire balance, but you must always pay the minimum amount due to avoid fees. Shell offers three options for completing a payment:
How to Make a Shell Credit Card Payment Online
You’ll need to register your account first if making a Shell online payment is your preferred solution. Here’s how to register and complete a payment online:
1. Navigate to the Shell credit card payment sign-in page.
2. Click “Register your card” if needed, so you can create a username and password to log in.
3. Return to the sign-in page, and enter the username and password combination you selected when you registered your account.
4. You will likely need your bank account information and bank routing number to complete your payment.
5. Click “Sign on” after you’ve gathered your account information.
6. Follow the online prompts to complete your payment.
Find Out: 10 Best Credit Cards for Bad Credit
How to Make a Shell Credit Card Payment by Mail
You might prefer to make your Shell card or Shell Mastercard payment by mail. Here’s how:
1. Fill out a check or money order for the amount you wish to pay.
2. Include your account number on the check.
3. Address an envelope to:
Shell Card Payments
P.O. Box 9001011
Louisville, KY 40290-1011
4. Attach postage and mail the payment.
For expedited payments, mail to:
Shell Card Overnight Delivery/Express Payments
Attn: Consumer Payment Dept.
6716 Grade Lane
Building 9, Suite 910
Louisville, KY 40213
How to Make a Shell Credit Card Payment by Phone
Making a payment by phone might be the most convenient if you need to make your payment quickly or you don’t have internet access. Follow these steps:
1. Gather your bank account information and bank routing number before calling.
2. Dial 800-331-3703 to reach the automated payment system.
3. Press “one” to access account information by your credit card number, or press “two” to access the information by your Social Security number.
4. Follow the prompts to complete your payment.
Interest and Late Fees for Shell Credit Cards
Shell gives its customers a grace period of at least 25 days on purchases. As long as you pay the full amount due or the new balance by the due date on your current month’s bill, you won’t be charged interest.
To avoid late fees, you must pay at least the minimum amount due by the due date on your billing statement. The normal late fee is $27. But if you have an additional late payment within the following six billing cycles, the fee will increase to $38.
Up Next: Best Gas Cards for Saving Money