Knowing your routing number is just as important as knowing your bank account number and even your Social Security number. Without it, it’s hard to complete many transactions, like online payments and transfers. If you’re an Ally bank customer, you’ll need your bank’s unique routing number.
Here’s what you need to know about routing numbers and how to find your unique Ally bank routing number.
Ally Bank Routing Number
Ally Bank has only one routing number for all domestic transactions. Here it is:
Ally Bank Wire Transfers
If you need to make an Ally bank wire transfer, log into your online account and select “Transfers” from the dashboard.
Domestic Wire Transfers
To make a domestic wire transfer, you will need your Ally bank routing number, account number, the name of the beneficiary and the name of the beneficiary’s bank. The routing number for domestic wire transfers is as follows:
|Domestic Routing Number||124003116|
International Wire Transfers
For all Ally Bank international wire transfers, you will need the unique routing number and SWIFT code. The SWIFT code distinctly identifies Ally in the wire transfer.
|International Routing Number||021000021|
What Is a Routing Number?
A routing number, or ABA number, is a nine-digit number that is used to “identify and authorize the electronic transfer of funds” to and from your account. Each bank has a unique routing number that can vary by state. Larger banks usually have several routing numbers based on region. Your routing number is often needed for transactions such as direct deposit and wire transfers.
The reason your routing number is crucial to most transactions is that it essentially serves as your bank’s address. The first four numbers represent the bank’s location. The next three numbers represent both the Federal Reserve bank the transaction should be sent through and the Federal Reserve check processing center. The last two digits denote the Federal Reserve district of the bank and the checksum.
Banking Options: Ally Bank Review — High-Yield Accounts for Online Customers
Where to Find Your Routing Number
Aside from visiting your bank’s website, your bank’s routing number is typically located on your personal checks. It is the first set of nine numbers at the bottom left-hand corner of your check followed by your bank account number and check number.
Click through to read more about Ally Bank’s online savings account.
More On Ally Bank
- Ally Bank Review: Is It the Right Bank for You?
- Newest Ally Bank Promotions: Best Offers, Coupons and Bonuses
- How To Open an Ally Bank Account: Here’s What You Need
- Ally Bank Interest Rates: How To Get the Bank’s Best Rates
- What Are Ally Bank’s Hours?
- How to Find and Use Your Ally Bank Login
More Routing Numbers
- Alaska USA Routing Number
- Alliant Credit Union Routing Number
- America First Routing Number
- Axos Bank Routing Number
- Bank of America Routing Number
- Bank Of The West Routing Number
- BB&T Routing Number
- BECU Routing Number
- BMO Harris Routing Number
- Capital One Routing Number
- Charles Schwab Routing Number
- Chase Bank Routing Number
- Citibank Routing Number
- Citizens Bank Routing Number
- Commerce Bank Routing Number
- DCU Routing Number
- Fidelity Routing Number
- Fifth Third Routing Number
- FirstBank Routing Number
- First Citizens Bank Routing Number
- GECU Routing Number
- Golden 1 Credit Union Routing Number
- HSBC Routing Number
- Huntington Bank Routing Number
- Keybank Routing Number
- MACU Routing Number
- MCU Routing Number
- M&T Bank Routing Number
- Navy Federal Routing Number
- PenFed Routing Number
- People’s United Bank Routing Number
- PNC Bank Routing Number
- RBFCU Routing Number
- Regions Bank Routing Number
- Santander Routing Number
- SunTrust Routing Number
- TD Bank Routing Number
- TIAA Bank Routing Number
- UCCU Routing Number
- UFCU Routing Number
- Umpqua Bank Routing Number
- Union Bank Routing Number
- US Bank Routing Number
- USAA Routing Number
- Vystar Routing Number
- Wells Fargo Routing Number
- Webster Bank Routing Number
- Woodforest Routing Number
- Zions Bank Routing Number
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.