- Halloween is on Wednesday, Oct. 31, this year.
- Halloween is not a federal holiday, so banks don’t typically close for it.
- Halloween spending exceeded $9 billion last year.
Halloween is spooky enough with all the monsters roaming the streets — it’d be really scary if you couldn’t do your banking that day. Shoppers spent over $9 billion in 2017 on Halloween goodies, so it’s possible you might need to take care of some banking on the holiday, but do banks close on Halloween?
Are Banks Open on Halloween?
Although Halloween, which falls on Oct. 31, is widely celebrated and acknowledged, it is not a federal holiday. This means that your bank will be open unless the individual branch chooses to close. That might be a bit of a bummer if you’re a costume enthusiast, but it’s good news for bankers and customers. Halloween 2018 is on a Wednesday this year, so if you were worried and asking yourself, “Are banks closed on Halloween?” have no fear.
Halloween Bank Hours
Since banks are open for the holiday, Halloween bank hours should reflect business as usual. However, some banks are tinting their usual business with Halloween flair to entice customers who might be fans of the spooky festivities. Wells Fargo, for example, tweeted out an image of a kid and a dog in costume while advising its followers on security risk:
Meanwhile, TD Ameritrade reminded everyone that Halloween-related spending broke records with $9.1 billion spent in 2017.
Total Halloween-related spending hit a chart-breaking $9.1 billion last year. (No trick.) Will 2018 smash the record?
— TD Ameritrade (@TDAmeritrade) October 22, 2018
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like banks keep a tradition of offering special promotional products for Halloween. Boo.
Read more about banks open on holidays like Christmas Eve and Christmas.
More on Banking
- Are Banks Closed on Labor Day 2019?
- 10 Best Online Banks of 2018
- With These New Apps, You Can Finance Almost Anything at Checkout
- Watch: What Are the Best Banks for Millennials?
More Bank Holidays
- Are Banks Open Today? Full List of Bank Holidays
- Banks Open on Sunday
- Banks Open During Passover
- Banks Open on Black Friday
- Banks Open on Columbus Day
- Banks Open on Easter Monday
- Banks Open on Easter
- Banks Open on Election Day
- Banks Open on Fourth of July
- Banks Open on Good Friday
- Banks Open on Labor Day
- Banks Open on July 3
- Banks Open on Mardi Gras
- Banks Open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Banks Open on Memorial Day
- Banks Open on New Year’s Day
- Banks Open on Patriots’ Day
- Banks Open on Presidents Day
- Banks Open on St. Patrick’s Day
- Banks Open on Thanksgiving Day
- Banks Open on Veterans Day
- Banks Open on Christmas Day