Considering that Discover is one of the largest credit card issuers in the U.S., you’d be forgiven for thinking that’s all the company does. But Discover also has an online banking platform that lets customers set up checking accounts, high-yield savings accounts, money market accounts and more. To use an online bank, you need an online account and knowledge of how to log in to it.
- How To Log In to Your Discover Bank Account From a Computer
- How To Log In to Your Discover Bank Account From a Mobile Phone or Tablet
- How To Retrieve a Forgotten Username or Password
- How To View Your Discover Statement Information
- How To Contact Discover If You Have Trouble With Your Account
- What Are the Benefits of Online Banking?
To log in to your account from your computer, look for the links in the upper-right corner of the Discover online banking homepage and follow these steps:
- Click the “LOG IN” button.
- Enter your user ID and password.
- Click “Log In.”
To create an online bank account with Discover, you’ll need to provide the following:
- The last four digits of any one of your Discover account numbers
- Your Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Mother’s maiden name
From there, you’ll be prompted to create your login ID and verify it.
You can log in to the Discover app from your Android device, iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch using your account information. Once you do, the Discover app gives you quick access to your account. You also have the option of logging in using biometric technology like Face ID or mobile fingerprint login. Another login option is to set up a four-digit passcode. Alternatively, you can set up Quick View to view your account without logging in.
If you’ve forgotten your Discover username or password, you can retrieve them using the “Forgot User ID/Password?” link, which is located beneath the user ID and password fields. After you click it, you’ll be taken to a page where you’ll be prompted to enter the following information:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Mother’s maiden name
From there, follow the instructions to retrieve your username and password.
Once you log in to your Discover account, you can view your statements using the appropriate tab. You can also download monthly statements. To opt for paperless statements, use the “Accounts” tab if you are already logged in, or select that option during the account creation process.
Discover has several numbers you can call for troubleshooting or with questions. Here are some of the key phone numbers having to do with online banking accounts:
- Opening an account: 800-347-7000
- Identity verification: 866-598-7726
- Online banking tech support: 800-290-9885
Discover also has contact numbers for other issues such as inactive accounts and reporting phishing schemes.
If you like having all your banking information right at your fingertips, online and mobile banking can be both useful and empowering. The ability to look up your balance or handle transactions from a computer or phone means you have better control over financial decisions such as paying bills, transferring funds, saving money and applying for loans. Plus, online banking usually comes with other useful features, such as recurring payments.
Up Next: Best Online Banks of 2020
More on Discover
- Discover Bank Review: Is It the Right Bank for You?
- Newest Discover Bank Promotions: Best Offers and Bonuses
- Discover Bank CD Rates: How To Get The Best Rates
More on Using Your Bank Login
- Ally Bank Login
- American Express Login
- Associated Bank Login
- Bank of America Login
- BB&T Login
- BBVA Login
- BMO Harris Login
- Capital One Login
- Charles Schwab Login
- Chase Bank Login
- Citibank Login
- Citizens Bank Login
- Comerica Bank Login
- Commerce Bank Login
- Fidelity Login
- Fifth Third Bank Login
- First Citizens Bank Login
- First National Bank Login
- First Republic Bank Login
- Frost Bank Login
- HSBC Login
- Huntington Bank Login
- Keybank Login
- Morgan Stanley Login
- OneMain Financial Login
- People’s United Bank Login
- Pinnacle Bank Login
- Suntrust Login
- Synchrony Login
- TD Bank Login
- Umpqua Login
- US Bank Login
- Valley National Bank Login
- Webster Bank Login
- Wells Fargo Login
- Woodforest Login
- Zions Bank Login
This content is not provided by Discover. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Discover.