Newest Bank of the West Promotions, Bonuses, Offers and Coupons: September 2021
Bank of the West’s name is a little misleading. The full-service bank offers branches in 19 states, but they’re not all out west. In addition to having branches in Western states like California, Arizona, Washington and Nevada, the bank also serves Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin.
If you’re searching for a new bank, it’s important to evaluate all of its products, services and fees in addition to promotional offers. Banks regularly offer promotions because they want your business. You could earn hundreds of dollars for opening a new account and meeting a few simple requirements.
Take a look at these latest Bank of the West offers for September to find out how you can put a little extra money in your pocket.
Bank of the West Any Deposit Checking: $250 Bonus
As its name implies, Bank of the West’s Any Deposit Checking has no monthly fee as long as you make at least one deposit a month. Other features include the ability to send money, pay bills and deposit checks through the mobile app and overdraft protection. Plus, you can claim a $250 bonus if you open an account by Sept. 24 and meet the deposit requirements. Here’s what you need to do:
- Cash value: $250
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $3,000
- Expiration date: Sept. 24
- How to get it: Apply for a new Any Deposit Checking account in-branch with a mailed offer or via the online promo page before the expiration date and open the account before Oct. 8. Then, make direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more for three consecutive months before Jan. 31, 2022.
- When you’ll get it: By Feb. 28, 2022
- Terms and conditions: Qualifying direct deposits include payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits. Only one bonus per customer and you can only claim one checking account bonus from the bank in the period of Feb. 1, 2020, to Feb. 27, 2022. You also can’t currently hold an open Bank of the West checking account to receive the bonus.
- Monthly fees: $10 or $0 with one monthly qualifying deposit of any amount (qualifying deposits include direct deposit, mobile deposit, ATM deposit or in-branch deposits). The fee is also waived if any account holder is under age 25.
- Promotion page: Bank of the West Any Deposit Checking bonus
Bank of the West Refer-a-Friend Program: Up To $1,000 Per Year
As a customer of Bank of the West, you can earn a $25 Bank of the West checking account bonus each time you refer others to the bank as long as they meet the requirements. Here’s more:
- Cash value: $25 per successful referral, up to $1,000 per calendar year
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $1
- Expiration date: Dec. 31
- How to get it:
- Visit the Refer-a-Friend sign-up page and enter your name, email, ZIP code and last four digits of your debit card.
- Next, enter the portal and refer people who might be interested in opening an account.
- When friends use the link to open a qualifying account, they’ll also receive a $25 Bank of the West bonus offer.
- No Bank of the West coupons are needed, but your friends must use the correct link.
- When you’ll get it: Within 120 days of the referral’s account opening
- Terms and conditions: Your referred friends must be new Bank of the West customers.
- Monthly fee: N/A
- Promotion page: Refer-a-Friend bonus offer
Bank of the West Business Rewards Mastercard: 60,000 Bonus Points
This business rewards card offers two times the points on all purchases, which can be redeemed for things such as cash, travel and gift cards. It has a 0% introductory APR for the first nine months and features such as zero liability protection and mobile wallet compatibility. Plus, Bank of the West automatically enrolls its business cards in Mastercard Easy Savings, which offers an additional rebate of up to 25% on qualifying purchases like gas, dining, hotels and rental cars.
- Cash value: Depends on value of reward redeemed
- Minimum spend to qualify: $5,000
- Expiration date: Subject to change at any time
- How to get it: Open a new Bank of the West Business Rewards Mastercard and make $5,000 in purchases in the first 90 days.
- When you’ll get it: The bonus points will accrue to the account within 150 days of opening if you meet the purchase requirement.
- Terms and conditions: The offer is available for new Business Rewards Mastercard holders. There is a limit of one offer per account, and it can’t be combined with another offer.
- Promotion page: Business Rewards Mastercard bonus offer
How To Open a Bank of the West Account
There are two ways to open a Bank of the West account. You can visit one of its branches to open an account in person, or you can apply online.
Here’s what you’ll need to provide to open an account:
- Personal contact information
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Your current bank’s routing number and bank account number to transfer money into the new account, or a debit card or credit card number
Once your account is open, save your login information. You can request your username or reset your password when you’re logging in by clicking on the “Forgot Your User Name?” or “Forgot Your Password?” link. You’ll need to provide your debit card or account number to proceed.
If you’re still having trouble accessing your Bank of the West account online, call online banking customer support at 800-488-2265 and then choose option three. A customer service representative will walk you through the steps to regain access to your account.
Are Bank of the West Promotions Right for You?
Bank of the West’s current promotions are best for those who live in its immediate service area, especially if you want to be near a local branch. While promotions are nice, think of them as what they are — a bonus. When choosing a bank, it’s important to consider if its products, services and accessibility are a good fit for your financial goals. Otherwise, you may be searching for another bank sooner than you think.
Julia Gordon contributed to the reporting for this article.
Information on promotions is accurate as of Aug. 27, 2021. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Bank of the West. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Bank of the West.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.