TCF Bank is a full-service operation based in Detroit, with the bulk of its 500 branches located in Michigan, Minnesota and Illinois, though it also has locations in Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Although TCF is a regional bank, its loan products and leasing services are available nationwide.
Like many other financial institutions, TCF Bank offers new customers cash signup bonuses that typically change monthly. A GOBankingRates survey found that only 10% of the participants review bank promotions at least once a year, which means the other 90% might be missing out on free cash offers.
- TCF Bank Promotions at a Glance
- Current TCF Bank Promotions
- Past TCF Bank Promotions, Coupons and Offers
- Opening a TCF Bank Account
- Is TCF Bank Worth Considering?
The following table provides a quick overview of what TCF Bank has on offer this month:
|Best TCF Bank Promotions: May 2020|
|Account||Cash Value of Bonus||Expiration Date|
|TCF Bank Platinum Edition Visa Card||$25||None|
TCF Bank’s latest offer lets you earn cash for opening a new credit card. Keep reading for more details.
Once you get approved for a TCF Bank Platinum Visa card, you’ll get a $25 statement credit after you make a purchase within the first three months. Here’s more:
- Cash value: $25
- Minimum deposit to qualify: N/A
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Apply and get approved for the TCF Bank Platinum Visa card and then make a purchase in the first three months.
- When you’ll get it: Six to eight weeks after you complete your first purchase
- Terms and conditions: TCF Bank will check your credit report to approve your application.
- Annual fee: None
- Promotion page: TCF Bank Platinum Edition Visa Card promotional bonus
Although TCF currently has only one promotion, it might run more in the future. You can get an idea of a bank’s future bonus offers by checking those it ran in the past. The recently expired TCF Bank bonus detailed below offered cash for a new checking account through April 2020.
Residents of Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin might have received a promotional mailer to get $250 cash back for opening a TCF Bank Free Checking account. Here’s how the promo worked:
- Cash value: $250
- Expiration date: Expired
- How to get it: To qualify for the bonus money, you had to open a Free Checking account and receive at least $500 in direct deposits or enroll in TCF digital banking and then make $250 worth of online bill pay payments within 60 days of the account opening.
You can open a bank account with TCF in three ways — through the mobile app, by visiting a branch or by opening an account online. You’ll have to be at least 18 years old and provide the following:
- Government-issued photo ID such as a valid driver’s license, state ID, military ID, passport or residence permit.
- Social Security number or Taxpayer Identification Number
- Money to fund the account either through a credit or debit card or, for a bank transfer, the routing number and account number of your current bank
TCF Bank offers online and mobile banking options that let you handle numerous tasks, such as monitoring your account activity, making bank transfers, scheduling bill payments and depositing checks remotely. When you need to make an ATM withdrawal or get personalized attention, you have access to 500 bank branches and a network of ATMs.
More About Online Banking: How Internet Banking Went Mainstream
TCF Bank offers a full lineup of personal and business banking services and loans, so it’s a good option for customers who live in the service area and enjoy the combination of both branch and digital banking. Getting some extra money through TCF promotions makes the bank even more inviting, but bonuses shouldn’t be the only consideration when choosing a bank. Take the time to compare what TCF Bank has to offer with at least a couple of other banks, making sure to research individual account features, fee schedules, branch access and signup bonuses so you can make an informed decision.
Also Check Out: Best Online Banks of 2020
More Bank Promotions
- Best New Bank Promotions and Offers
- Best Checking Account Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions in California
- Best Bank Promotions in Florida
- Best Bank Promotions in Ohio
- Alliant Credit Union Promotions
- Ally Bank Promotions
- America First Credit Union Promotions
- Associated Bank Promotions
- Axos Bank Promotions
- Bank of America Promotions
- Bank of the West Promotions
- Barclays Promotions
- BBVA Compass Promotions
- BECU Promotions
- BMO Harris Promotions
- BOK Financial Promotions
- Capital One Promotions
- Chase Promotions
- Chime Promotions
- CIBC Promotions
- CIT Bank Promotions
- Citibank Promotions
- Citizens Bank Promotions
- Comerica Bank Promotions
- Commerce Bank Promotions
- Discover Bank Promotions
- East West Bank Promotions
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions
- First Citizens Bank Promotions
- First Horizon Bank Promotions
- First National Bank Promotions
- First Republic Bank Promotions
- FirstBank Promotions
- FNBO Direct Promotions
- Frost Bank Promotions
- HSBC Promotions
- Huntington Bank Promotions
- Iberiabank Promotions
- KeyBank Promotions
- M&T Bank Promotions
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs Promotions
- Navy Federal Promotions
- Penfed Promotions
- People’s United Bank Promotions
- Pinnacle Bank Promotions
- PNC Bank Promotions
- Popular Direct Promotions
- RBC Promotions
- Regions Bank Promotions
- Salem Five Direct Promotions
- Santander Promotions
- Signature Bank Promotions
- Simple Promotions
- SunTrust Promotions
- Synchrony Promotions
- Synovus Promotions
- TCF Bank Promotions
- TD Bank Promotions
- Texas Capital Bank Promotions
- TIAA Bank Promotions
- Umpqua Promotions
- Union Bank Promotions
- US Bank Promotions
- USAA Promotions
- Valley National Bank Promotions
- Webster Bank Promotions
- Wells Fargo Promotions
- Zions Bank Promotions
This content is not provided by TCF Bank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by TCF Bank.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.