Newest TCF Bank Promotions, Bonuses, Offers and Coupons: May 2021
Headquartered in Detroit, TCF is a full-service bank with 475 banking centers across the country. Its primary service area is in Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota. However, the bank also has a presence in Colorado, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
Like most banks, TCF runs promotions to attract new customers. Banks want your business and are willing to pay you for opening an account and using it. You can earn hundreds to pad your savings account — something that’s nice to have on hand during the current economic downturn.
TCF Promotions at a Glance
There are no TCF Bank bonuses available for checking and savings accounts for May, but that doesn’t mean you should skip the bank. Explore the products and services the bank has to offer and check out its credit card promotion.
TCF Free Checking
TCF offers four checking accounts. The TCF Free Checking account comes with standard features like access to digital banking, online bill pay, paper checks and overdraft services. You never pay a monthly maintenance fee on this account. Compare this to banks that charge monthly maintenance fees for similar accounts. You can save $144 or more per year — all without TCF Bank coupons.
TCF Platinum Edition Visa Credit Card: $25 Bonus
The TCF Platinum Edition Visa credit card comes with no annual fee and a 0% introductory APR for the first 12 billing cycles. Use it to save money on purchases and balance transfers. Even better, earn a $25 statement credit when you open an account and use your card to make any purchase. Here’s how:
- Cash value: $25
- Minimum spend to qualify: $1
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Open a TCF Platinum Edition Visa credit card and make a purchase within the first three billing cycles.
- When you’ll get it: Statement credit is awarded six to eight weeks after meeting the requirements
- Terms and conditions: Applications are subject to approval.
- Promotion page: TCF Platinum Edition Visa credit card bonus offer
TCF Credit Builder Loan
People with high credit scores usually get better interest rates on loans and credit cards than those with low credit scores. Lower rates mean you pay less money in interest over the life of the loan. That’s extra money in your pocket.
TCF’s Credit Builder Loan can help boost — or establish — your credit score. You give the bank a $100 or $200 deposit that gets placed in a certificate of deposit. You then make payments for 12 months, which the bank reports to credit bureaus. At the end of the loan term, you receive the certificate of deposit with either $500 or $1,000.
How To Open a TCF Bank Account
You can open a bank account with TCF in three ways — through the mobile app, by visiting a branch or by opening an account online. You’ll have to be at least 18 years old and provide the following:
- Government-issued photo ID such as a valid driver’s license, state ID, military ID, passport or residence permit
- Social Security number or Taxpayer Identification Number
- Money to fund the account either through a credit or debit card or, for a bank transfer, the routing number and account number of your current bank
Now that you know the information you’ll need, here are the steps to open the account:
- Choose the account you want to open.
- Enter your ZIP code or click “Open Online” to start the application.
- Decide to manually enter your information or upload a photo of your ID to pre-fill information on the form.
- Follow the on-screen prompt to complete the application.
- Set up online account access and fund the account.
TCF Bank offers online and mobile banking options that let you handle numerous tasks, such as monitoring your account activity, making bank transfers, scheduling bill payments and depositing checks remotely. When you need to make an ATM withdrawal or get personalized attention, you have access to 500 bank branches and a network of ATMs.
Is TCF Bank Worth Considering?
It’s still worth your time to consider TCF Bank even though there’s only one TCF Bank promotion available this month. TCF Bank offers a full lineup of personal and business banking services and loans, so it’s a good option for customers who live in the service area and enjoy the combination of both branch and digital banking.
It’s nice to have some free money, but it’s more important to find a bank that gives you the products and services you need to reach your financial goals. Take a closer look at TCF Bank’s offerings, including individual accounts and their features, branch access and fee schedules so you can make an informed decision.
Information on promotions is accurate as of Apr. 22, 2021. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
This content is not provided by TCF Bank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by TCF Bank.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication. Julia Gordon also contributed to the reporting for this article.